Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon CS, I thought I'd see if you guys have any suggestions.  So far all books have been fine on my Kindle (K2) except for one.  This particular one which I purchased a week or so ago will not open.  I've tried deleting it and re-downloading several times but to no avail.  I get an error message saying it cannot open the book.  So frustrating!  Has anyone had this happen and do you know of a solution?  Otherwise I'll wait to see what CS says.  It's just a regular Amazon Kindle Edition book, nothing strange or unusual.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I would guess that there's a serious problem with the book and your money will be refunded.  Which book is it?  Perhaps someone here has also downloaded it.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Betsy,
I know someone on here read it recently.  I had already purchased it and was happy she gave it a good review.  Since she had it, I figured the book must be okay?  But maybe not.  It's called Same Kind of Different as Me.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't because I don't want to lose everything on here.  And that's the only book I'm having a problem with - the others are fine.  sigh.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Betsy, I'll check it out.  I had to do something one other time that I thought was a Reset but it erased everything!  I got the instructions from someone on here - but I'll look at what you just posted as it's probably different.  Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
How did you download the book? Via whispernet or by computer?

Is there more than one Kindle (or an iPhone) on your account?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Betsy, it worked!!  yay!!!!  Isn't it odd that there was only a problem with one book and a reset fixed it???  Amazing. And you're right, I didn't lose a thing.  Whew.

Luv, I hope you wanted to read that book and didn't buy it just to check it out for me!!!

Y'all are the best.  I always get answers faster on here than from Amazon CS, who often never end up responding to me at all.  Thank you sooooo much!!!   ;D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pidgeon92 said:
How did you download the book? Via whispernet or by computer?

Is there more than one Kindle (or an iPhone) on your account?
I kept re-downloading it from my Amazon account on the computer, and I only have one Kindle on the account. It's really odd -- one of the great Kindle mysteries or either I just haven't figured it out yet. lol

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
kari said:
Y'all are the best. I always get answers faster on here than from Amazon CS, who often never end up responding to me at all. Thank you sooooo much!!! ;D
To get quick answers from Amazon, use the "Call Me Now" feature. They, literally, not figuratively, call you NOW. . .whenever your Now is. (It's a little freaky, really.) So make sure you're next to a phone and have your Kindle handy before you click it! :D

Ann

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Glad it helped!  Resets cure many ills.  It's always one of the things I try first when the Kindle stops acting oddly.

Betsy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts