Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're only a couple of months away from hurricane season also know down here as "back to the basics". I will need to be able to charge my K2 in the car during those electrical outages. The thought of not having it operable during a blackout is terrifying.
Does anyone know who makes a car charger for the K2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
I use my iPhone charger.  The base unit separates from the cord just like the K2 wall charger does.  The base has a female USB port that you can plug your K2 cord into.  That way, I just have to carry the USB cord around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
BTW...both the iPhone and the K2 run on Lithium Polymer batteries, so the charge rate for the iPhone charger should be appropriate for the K2 as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
iGo has a tio for its chargers for Kindle 2.  A97 is the tip for Kindle 2.  Their chargers work well.  I have one with 2 ends on it: one for the wall outlet, and one for the car.  The power tip just snaps on.  You can buy tips for cell phones, laptops, PDAs, Kindles, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks.
An Iphone is in my future so that is not a solution for me.
Good to see that Igo has the tip. A good company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
stargazer0725 said:
BTW...both the iPhone and the K2 run on Lithium Polymer batteries, so the charge rate for the iPhone charger should be appropriate for the K2 as well.
oh cool, did not know that. I'm guessing K1 is different then. Never really looked at it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Kind said:
oh cool, did not know that. I'm guessing K1 is different then. Never really looked at it.
If I remember correctly, the K1 has a completely separate one-piece charger. And the tip that plugs into the Kindle is a standard mini-USB connection.

The tip that plugs into a K2 looks kinda like a mini-USB, but it's a bit smaller...a proprietary size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Actually, the K1 has a USB and a separate charger...2 different components. The K2 uses a micro USB for both charging and connecting with the computer.

The igo tip for the K1 is A00.
100% Correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
stargazer0725 said:
If I remember correctly, the K1 has a completely separate one-piece charger. And the tip that plugs into the Kindle is a standard mini-USB connection.

The tip that plugs into a K2 looks kinda like a mini-USB, but it's a bit smaller...a proprietary size.
I knew about the battery, just wasn't sure why type it was. (in terms of the "ingredients") :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
Raffeer said:
We're only a couple of months away from hurricane season also know down here as "back to the basics". I will need to be able to charge my K2 in the car during those electrical outages. The thought of not having it operable during a blackout is terrifying.
Does anyone know who makes a car charger for the K2?
I have the car charger from iGo and both the K1 and K2 tips for it. I'm set for the season. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
stargazer0725 said:
I use my iPhone charger. The base unit separates from the cord just like the K2 wall charger does. The base has a female USB port that you can plug your K2 cord into. That way, I just have to carry the USB cord around.
Thank heavens....an accessory I don't have to spend money on!!!!!! :D

Seriously, it didn't occur to me that I could do this (a little dense & overwhelmed this week with all things Kindle), so this will be extremely helpful.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,250 Posts
Someone around here at some point said they'd found a solar charger that would work with the Kindle. . .I would assume they have a 'tip' for the K2 as well. . .if I find the thread I'll post the link. . .

Ann
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,724 Posts
Raffeer said:
We're only a couple of months away from hurricane season also know down here as "back to the basics". I will need to be able to charge my K2 in the car during those electrical outages. The thought of not having it operable during a blackout is terrifying.
Does anyone know who makes a car charger for the K2?
I Hope you have a mighty bright as well then!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I have the car charger from iGo and both the K1 and K2 tips for it. I'm set for the season. ;D
What is the tip # for the K2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top