Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sometimes I forget to charge my K2 and during a trip I think that I could be charging it while I drive where i am going. Does anyone have one of these and what are the pros vs. cons?

Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've not seen that before. Usually, the battery lasts pretty long if you're just reading. But if you're in the car and using the Whispernet a lot or forgot to charge it at home, this could be a life saver. I might check in to that.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I have a spare charging cable (the standard variety) that goes everywhere with me.  I also have a USB car charger adapter that I use for my phone -- works for the Kindle as well.  Its one I bought when Circuit City was going belly up for a couple of bucks.  There are any number of them out there labeled as being for I-Pods and such.  I'd recommend using one containing a limiting chip that switches off when the battery quits drawing (i.e. charging).

·
Super Moderator
67,292 Posts
I've got one of these:

I got mine with a tip for the K1 (A00) and have also ordered the tip for the K2/DX (A97). Has both a conventional plug and a car outlet charger. . .and squishes down pretty compact for traveling.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have the same one Ann has.  I also got a tip for my Ipod.  I need to pick up a tip for my K2, now that it has arrived.
deb

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
For those with a K1, this is a better deal at $9.99 with the tip included:

Think I'm gonna pick one up for myself, along with a tip for my iPhone.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
stargazer0725 said:
I love the iGo system. FYI...you can find complete systems and inividual tips much cheaper on eBay.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts