Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, car radio works fine, but some of the lights on the display panel are burned out. . . .we're thinking, rather than just replace lightbulbs, to go ahead and get a new one installed. Gotta take the dash apart either way. Plus, the one we have is am/fm with a cd player but that's all. We have an XM radio that it would be nice to be able to play through it. As it is, we have to tune it to an empty FM station, which works o.k., but the wires get a bit in the way because we have to have the radio sort of lodged in the sun shade so it will transmit to the car antenna to be picked up on the radio. And if we're traveling with my son, he has an mp3 player that we'd like to be able to play through it too.

Anyway. . .

Does, anyone got any suggestions for good after market radios that we can play XM or mp3 players through as well as tuning in radio stations. We do like that the current one has the ability to show the song title if the station is broadcasting it and there are 4 speakers.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
There are many wonderful, but sophisticated audio systems out there now....not really for the shade-tree mechanic to install. If you car is relatively new, check with the dealer.
If not, places such as Crutchfields

http://www.crutchfield.com/m_266150/Car-Stereos-Components.html?tp=9

offer many levels of systems and installation.

Spend some time doing on-line research....
Good luck !! Let us know how it goes...

·
Super Moderator
67,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already have a local, well regarded installer to talk to. . . .and they sell the things too, of course. . . .I was looking for some independent opinions about specific systems.  You know -- the things they don't tell you like, the knobs don't turn well, or the pre-set buttons are too hard to set.  Stuff like that.

Car is 9 years old and dealer has changed ownership since purchase.  Frankly, I'm not interested in going back there as the service department went way downhill when that happened. 

And, hey, this IS my 'on-line research'. :D  At least. . .part of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.