Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a constant Kindle user. (Oasis mostly. Sometimes I use a Fire to read newspapers and comics. Lately I've noticed a partial numbness in my ring finger and pinky of my left hand. With the Oasisi I use the joint between those two fingers to support the weight  of the device. This issue has become apparent in the last couple of months.

Anybody else have this issue? Any advice if so?

·
Super Moderator
67,284 Posts
Any repetitive motion/action/position can cause stress. Probably not "carpal tunnel" per se, but an ache wouldn't be that unusual. I used to get aches in my hand from holding open paper books.

The solution is to vary how you hold the thing and/or take periodic breaks. Or don't hold it at all ... I try to prop mine on a pillow or something when I can. :)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I use a Fintie easel case for my Oasis. I probably hold it less than 10% of the time. Fintie easel cases have been on all my Kindles. I don't think I'd buy a new Kindle if Fintie didn't make an easel case for it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got one of the squishy pillows meant to support devices like Kindle. Can't remember the particular name of the one, but there are several.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
It is good to read hands free. I have a few pillows, including the Peeramid. With a bean-bag type that someone here made and sold, I have to move the kindle often to keep it hands free, or I rest on of my hands on it but don't hold it.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I change the buttons from time to time, but I also change which hand I use.  Most of the time I hold my Oasis in my left hand, but sometimes I turn it over and hold it in the right.  I've also noticed that my hand gets more tired if I have it in a case.  So I will pull it out of the case to change things up.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
LDB said:
I use a Fintie easel case for my Oasis. I probably hold it less than 10% of the time. Fintie easel cases have been on all my Kindles. I don't think I'd buy a new Kindle if Fintie didn't make an easel case for it.
I just wish I could find one for my Voyage. An actual easel style, not the origami case. I had that on my Oasis and now for my PW. I love it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts