Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally don't do this, but she's been an inspiration to me since she's a writer herself.
Carrie Fisher had a heart attack a few hours ago on a flight from London to LA. She was taken off the plane, and paramedics worked on her for 15 minutes before they could take her to the hospital. As of this post, she was in critical condition.

I know there are probably other writers that might look up to her as an inspiration, and I didn't want to be this upset by myself. I had a CODE BLUE myself, and know how bad this could be. I'm really hoping they were able to get her breathing and save her so she doesn't have brain damage or other issues. She's scheduled for a local con in my area next year, and I was hoping to get a signature and meet her.

But all I want for Christmas is for her to get better. As long as they save her and she'll probably need physical therapy, you can survive a heart attack. I've had to go through this myself a few years ago. I just hope this isn't her time yet, and that she makes it. She may have to miss the Con and other events, but she'll still be with us. I'm just hoping 2016 is denied this. The year has been so horrible already.

Please pray and send positive thoughts to her. I think it really does help since my family and friends prayed for me and I got better.

Here's a link to the most comprehensive account I've found so far:
http://www.snopes.com/2016/12/23/carrie-fisher-heart-attack/

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joshua Dalzelle said:
Just saw this in the news... :(
Yes. I've seen the story grow over the last hour with more details. So far, it's come out that she had the attack near the end of the flight. A paramedic onboard administered CPR in First Class, and paramedics were waiting when she got off the plane. Even though she's in critical condition, it sounds like they did enough to keep her intact and alive until they could get her help. I have to give a shout out to the good samaritan and professionals that help with saving people. It's so awesome to be able to have that ability. Humbling really. I'm just hanging out today, wrapping Christmas presents, waiting for more news. It's like having your Aunt or Mom hurt, and you're in the waiting room hoping for good news.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Oh, no! I've always liked her acting, and knew she'd written as well (I think I read Postcards From the Edge after it came out, but there's been so many books I don't really remember it). I was surprised to see she's older than me. It always seems like a shock, because in my mind I have an image of actors and they're always young and healthy.

Sending peace and strength to her and her family and friends. Modern medicine can work wonders, so there's hope she'll make a full recovery and be with us for many more years.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
We canNOT lose Carrie Fisher. CanNOT.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she-la-ti-da said:
Oh, no! I've always liked her acting, and knew she'd written as well (I think I read Postcards From the Edge after it came out, but there's been so many books I don't really remember it). I was surprised to see she's older than me. It always seems like a shock, because in my mind I have an image of actors and they're always young and healthy.

Sending peace and strength to her and her family and friends. Modern medicine can work wonders, so there's hope she'll make a full recovery and be with us for many more years.
The reports say she is 60.
The current reports say she's out of critical condition and stable now. Her brother is there and has told the Assoc. Press that she is now stable, but won't report anything else. I found a report saying she's on a resperator, but doesn't say if she is conscious or not.

I tell you, it's been an unnerving afternoon, and have been praying for her recovery. I got my Christmas wish. ;-)
SO, Santa, I'm good.

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
The latest news seems more ominous -- now her brother is saying she's getting the best of care but he cannot classify her condition. :(

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There have been reports that she's in stable condition, but still in the ICU.
Still praying for her. These next few days are going to be so rough, and it's Christmas time.
Reports have said her daughter is there with her dog, GARY. Don't know if they can let a dog in ICU though.
I hope there is better news tomorrow.  :(

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
MarilynVix said:
I hope there is better news tomorrow. :(
I hope so too. Very much.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I've found today is that she is stable from her Mom's comments on Twitter. But that's it.
I just have a feeling she's going to be in the hospital for awhile, and will need to take some time to rest up.
Still thinking and praying for her.

After George Michael dying today, I just want 2016 to hurry up and end. 5 days and counting.

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
It's reported here as well. So terribly sad.  :'(

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
This is a shock, I had quite a crush on Carrie back in the day. Her mother Debbie Reynolds is still alive and healthy. I pity a mother who has to bury her child! :(

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I've merged two threads about Ms Fisher into one. :(

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
I've merged two threads about Ms Fisher into one. :(
After I replied to the other and realized it was a new thread, I suspected that might happen...

·
Registered
4,911 Posts

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts