Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of our members use Amazon gift cards as the payment method when buying or selling their items here.

Why? It's immediate, the seller can be advised of the payment right away, and it avoids any issues with bounced checks or payments being lost in the mail.

Here's our affiliate link to Amazon's gift card page. Once you're there, choose the 'email a gift card' option.

>> Buy Amazon gift card <<

Update: from time to time we'll post the text below in Buy & Sell threads, as a subtle reminder and to provide a convenient link. :)

Admin note: Your use of Amazon gift cards may be a convenient way to pay for your Buy & Sell items. And using the link below helps to support our site. Thank you! - Admin

> Amazon gift cards

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Great idea Harvey, very helpful!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You still get the commission if I go to your Amazon link in the header and buy one though, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.  I'm a newbie on this forum and have never sold anything online.  I'm preparing to sell a K2 (w/case) and wonder if someone could walk me through the steps in the process:

I would accept the Amazon gift card as payment (I'm a regular Amazon customer/reviewer).  Does the buyer receive the K2, inspect it, and then send the gift card?  But what if I'm waiting and waiting and no gift card arrives/is activated.

Or is there some intermediate step I'm not aware of? 

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
You're in the right thread.  You need to start your own post.  If it is a GC that you're wanting, then I would suggest having them send the GC before you ship out the K2.  That's normally how other transactions have been handled here.  In your post tell about your K2.  When did you get it; how much was it used; does it have the sun fading issue; have you tested the sun fading issue; etc.
If you have any other questions, please ask.
deb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks much.  I sent a PM to someone who posted a desire for a used K2, but after his first e-mail, I have heard nothing further, so at some point I'll just advertise it.

I have no idea what the sun fade issue is.  I have never used mine outside, and my house windows all have a UV film.  It is in perfect condition, so I hate to risk hurting it by doing some sort of test.  Any recommendations?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
To check for the sun fade issue you need to hold the K in the sun for 20 to 30 minutes to see if the text fades off the screen.  You would not be risking it.  If there is an issue Amazon replaces in 24-hours. 
deb

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've never tried to buy an Amazon gift card before, so maybe I'm missing something but...

I've tried several times over the last two days to buy a couple of gift cards.  When I add them to my shopping cart, it always comes up *currently unavailable*.  Has anyone else purchased one this weekend?  Just trying to figure out if they're not selling them ATM, or if I'm being an idiot and doing something dumb.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
A question...

If I use the link to buy a gift card and then use our affiliate link to buy something with the gift card, does KindleBoards get credited for both transactions?
Great question. I used it to buy a gift card and then used it as soon as I applied to buy my new Kindle. Hopefully, we got credit both ways. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts