Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is a question I get asked a lot: Who would you cast in the movie version of The Ark? I've gotten many different suggestions, so I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Let's limit it to the main characters: Tyler Locke, Dilara Kenner (nee Arvadi), Grant Westfield, and Sebastian Garrett.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I suppose I'll have to go for Keira Knightly to play Dilara.  Brad Pitt for Garrett.  I'll have to think about the others.

Boyd, I'm sorry I took so long to get around to The Ark.  I thought it was more of a thriller/horror kind of thing.  I see it as action/adventure, more in the Wilbur Smith genre.  I do read Wilbur Smith.  I have to say that I'm really enjoying the book.  Wonderful premise.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
I suppose I'll have to go for Keira Knightly to play Dilara. Brad Pitt for Garrett. I'll have to think about the others.

Boyd, I'm sorry I took so long to get around to The Ark. I thought it was more of a thriller/horror kind of thing. I see it as action/adventure, more in the Wilbur Smith genre. I do read Wilbur Smith. I have to say that I'm really enjoying the book. Wonderful premise.
No worries! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I love rip-roaring action adventures featuring intrepid heroes like Indiana Jones and Dirk Pitt, so that's what I was going for with The Ark and Tyler Locke.

I have some ideas about the casting, but I'll hold off because I want to hear what others think first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok - my vote to play Tyler Locke is ----  Tom Cruise.

I can seen him doing the oil rig scenes, all the other action packed stuff, and of course him together with Dilara.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
so now I have to re-read with the idea of who should play each character -- the first time I read things I try not to have a preconceived notion of who they should be  ;D after all you know re-reading a good book is such a chore  :eek: ;D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Good one. He does elegantly slimy really well.

Oh, but he does gallant gentleman so well, too (Sense and Sensibility).

Love The Ark, would be happy to see a film. Is that in the works?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
auntmarge said:
Oh, but he does gallant gentleman so well, too (Sense and Sensibility).

Love The Ark, would be happy to see a film. Is that in the works?
Unfortunately, a movie is not in the offing right now. I'd have to be published by a traditional publishing house first. Plus, given all the huge action sequences and set pieces, it would probably cost $200 million to make. If they cast people like Brad Pitt and Alan Rickman, the price will go even higher. :) But it's fun to think about!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
geoffthomas said:
I would use Matt Damon as Tyler.
The guy who played Prof Snape - Alan Rickman for Sebastian?
oh he would be fantastic as Sebastian -

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Actually Gertie, I consider eclectic a compliment.  I try hard to absorb many views/offerings.
So I like History, Historical Drama, the classics, Hard Science, Fantasy, Epics - Don Quiote and others.
If you live long enough, you can read them all.  He He He - you should see my portrait that I keep in the attic.
(see, I couldn't make that cute reference if I didn't read the book).
Just sayin......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts