Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this.  My first novel was released about 2 weeks ago.  I have  a question though.  My ranking (although not too great right now b/c I'm new) doesn't show the catagory ranking.  Why is this?  Shouldn't it should the catagory?  I asked Amazon about it, but they still haven't responded back.  I double checked my account and even resaved my settings and they're definately in there.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Just an observation, but you should put your novel in your profile so it will show at the bottom of your posting.  Then people can click on it and look at your book to see what you are talking about.  They might like what they see and buy it.

Just a suggestion since you are new.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi

You will only enter a category if you are in the top 100 in a specific category such as

#99 in Kindle>SF>Mystery>Locked Room

Until that time you only get your overall sales ranking, they don't list the ones outside the top 100 in other categories - you'd have to wade through them to find your book.

Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Franklin. I will try and do that. About the catagories, I thought I had seen stuff listed with rankings in caagories that were lower higher than 100, but I guess I was wrong. Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you say book tags, do you mean the search tags that you put in yourself, or do you mean when you tag someone elses books to yours?...sorry, I'm showing how new I am...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts