Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I woke up this morning to a pleasant surprise. My book (which sold 3 copies the day before yesterday) had sold 58 yesterday. And another of my books seemed have sold nearly 90 books yesterday (although I wasn't keeping a close count of it.)

Thing is, neither of the ranks have moved much.

So, I'm not sure if that's a catch up from the day when I sold 3 books, (when my rank dipped, but not nearly as far as I thought it would) or if I really got all those sales yesterday (which would mean I should have a very nice rank climb indeed when the rank updates--maybe even hit the tail end of a list.)

Anyone else get a big dump of sales you suspect may be a catch up? Thanks. :)

ETA: In the last ten minutes, I just got 15 more sales. Got to be catching up, I think. Darn. (Well, still nice to have the sales, anyway! I might be paying my bills in June with this month after all.)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Most likely they're catch up sales. Sometimes I'll go 2-3 weeks without a sale, then I'll get a truckload in one day. Of course, I don't understand all the fancy-shmancy gizmo inner-workings...I just write books  :D

Anyways, congrats on the success.

·
Registered
530 Posts
valeriec80 said:
So, I woke up this morning to a pleasant surprise. My book (which sold 3 copies the day before yesterday) had sold 58 yesterday. And another of my books seemed have sold nearly 90 books yesterday (although I wasn't keeping a close count of it.)

Thing is, neither of the ranks have moved much.

So, I'm not sure if that's a catch up from the day when I sold 3 books, (when my rank dipped, but not nearly as far as I thought it would) or if I really got all those sales yesterday (which would mean I should have a very nice rank climb indeed when the rank updates--maybe even hit the tail end of a list.)

Anyone else get a big dump of sales you suspect may be a catch up? Thanks. :)

ETA: In the last ten minutes, I just got 15 more sales. Got to be catching up, I think. Darn. (Well, still nice to have the sales, anyway! I might be paying my bills in June with this month after all.)
And here I am being happy if I sell more than 5 books in a month

Quiss said:
Okay, who else just ran to their report to see if there were any catch ups? ;D ;D
Guilty

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeroen Steenbeeke said:
And here I am being happy if I sell more than 5 books in a month
Oh, believe me, back in 2009 when I started publishing, I made the $10 payout threshold like every three months. Been there. Keep at it. You never know what will happen. :)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Quiss said:
Okay, who else just ran to their report to see if there were any catch ups? ;D ;D
I did. Guess what? There weren't any catch-up sales. :-[

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, since waking up, I have seen 54 sales appear on my report for Slow Burn. And I've seen 96 sales for Slow Agony. That's in about three hours. So... I don't know. I think it might be actual sales. (Eee!)It seems a bit much for a catch up. ?? Especially if it isn't happening to other people? (I can't see why I'd start selling out of the blue, though. Unless that facebook promoted post I ran actually worked?)

I'll know in about six hours, I suppose, if that's how far behind the ranking lag is.

Whatever the case, I'm having a really good day because of this.  :D

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rank just jumped from 11,000 to 864 for Slow Agony. And from 13,000 to 1,516 for Slow Burn.

Sales in real time, it seems.

So, now the question becomes why?

I checked out my bitly link on my facebook promoted post. Clicked 27 times.

I checked out google. Nothing new that I can see in the past week.

Since Amazon is so freaking slow, it's only going to get a bump in visibility there now, after the ranking has updated. How did this happen?

Weird. Awesome. But weird.

Also, I'm usually done writing for the day by now, but this has completely screwed me up (what with the constant refreshing and desperate rank checking), and I still have 3K words to go. Blurgh. I might just blow them off. Or maybe I'll be feeling inspired later this evening. Of course, Supernatural does come back this week... ::)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EC Sheedy said:
Hah! You're livin' the dream--waking up to a bunch of sales, explained by promo or otherwise. I have this on my wish list. ;)

Congratulations on whatever happened.
Lol! Thanks! :)

(I'm definitely not complaining.)

G

·
The same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I checked my sales in the morning and found I had almost 100 sales during the night on a book that averaged 15-20 copies a day. The sales kept pouring in for 48 hours and I ended up with hundreds of sales and my highest rankings ever on both books. I still have no explanation as to why it happened. My only guess is an Amazon email maybe?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts