Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a free promo (my second) on the first book in my series. At the beginning of the month, I reached number 1 in the Fiction>Erotic category (free, of course.) At that time, I had chosen Romance>Adult and Fiction>Erotic. Ahead of this promo, I changed my categories to Fiction>Contemporary Women and Fiction>Romance>Contemporary. Yesterday when I shut down and stopped obsessively checking my rank, I had reached #2 in free Fiction>Erotic. This morning, I am out of Fiction>Erotic all together and now stand at:

#89 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#7 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction
#10 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction

So my question (just one of about a thousand) is why did I switch from Erotic? It was 24 hours on the free erotic list and now has moved to these other categories. Was it because I changed the categories on my book info or because of the way people are finding the book? I think I am happy with it, today will tell. I am also waiting to duck the rotten tomatoes thrown at me when someone downloads "contemporary fiction" and despite "erotic romance" in the title and a stern warning finds the language and explicit content offensive.

March will mark the first month that I have made over a $1000 dollars. I have four pen names and have been at this for eight months. This is my first 'author' who has done anything more than piddle. I know it's not a fortune, but I am thrilled. More thrilling, perhaps, is the readers who find my hero heroic and my heroine someone to cheer for. I don't have a bucket load of reviews, but each good one is precious. I had one very peculiar review that said my books were 50 shades rip offs with only the names changed. Odd, because I have never read the books! In my 'from the author' stuff, I say I admire E.L. James and 50 Shades but that was a shameless keyword ploy. Admire and 'have read' are not the same thing.

I lurk here a lot. I'll try to participate more. I want to thank all of you for being a place to come to for answers, inspiration and affirmation.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hello KC, congrats on 1000 dollars, I just celebrated my 100 books so let me tell you the day I make 1000 dollars I'll be doing triple flips on ice!
I guess you switch from Erotic because of all the threads that say that one should try out different categories to see how it goes. Well know you know!
go go go

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes I sold one book in Canada, this put me at something like #20 in African American literature. Its the book in blue on my SIG, it's about Europe!  I have no idea how this happened. I certainly never put it in that category when I listed it. Very odd!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts