Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get a book in a certain category? I want to get my novel The Kult in the serial killer category, but couldn't find it on any of the selections via the 'Edit Book Details' tab in the direct publishing page. Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Shaun said:
Does anyone know how to get a book in a certain category? I want to get my novel The Kult in the serial killer category, but couldn't find it on any of the selections via the 'Edit Book Details' tab in the direct publishing page. Any help would be most appreciated.
crime horror?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know. I can't find the serial killer category on Amazon.com, apart from under true 'True accounts' but I've seen fiction books on Amazon.co.uk listed under 'Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Law & Disorder > Issues > Serial Killers' Just don't know how they get listed in that group as there's no way to select that category in the 'Edit Book Details' tab in the direct publishing page - unless I'm blind and can't see it :-\

·
Registered
586 Posts
Shaun said:
Don't know. I can't find the serial killer category on Amazon.com, apart from under true 'True accounts' but I've seen fiction books on Amazon.co.uk listed under 'Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Law & Disorder > Issues > Serial Killers' Just don't know how they get listed in that group as there's no way to select that category in the 'Edit Book Details' tab in the direct publishing page - unless I'm blind and can't see it :-\
I think you can alter it, but I haven't needed to. Some people seem to be just taking the P**S with the categories hoping they can perhaps bump up their sales. I think they are just winding up old ladies&c who are not looking for slash burn whip stab books. They just want the Catherine Cookson type books and won't appreciate your dissertation on how to kill old folks and hygienically dispose of their festering bodies in a thousand disgusting ways. Although I might:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts