Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Sci Fi books. Some people love Mysteries, or Romance, or new Best Sellers, etc. Why can't we have 5 or 10 permanent threads (kept at top) on these topics. I don't read the book recommendations thread because I have little interest in 99% of the books mentioned. This way people could go directly to the categories of books that most interest them.

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
We actually had a poll on that very issue, Steve. I guess it's drifted down in the list. I don't know if the poll is closed or not.

I know Betsy is doing alot of thinking about how the board is structured, what threads there are, should there be sub-boards, etc. If you have specific suggestions, you might want to drop her a PM.

L

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Absolutely create any thread you like, and be as specific as you like. I created two that are my preferences, the Horror thread and the True Crime thread. They get a little off topic, so I have to slap 'em back into submission, but it works. ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
This has actually been debated. I think the majority of people wanted to have it set up the way it is so they could find books in genres they don't normally read.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Mikuto said:
This has actually been debated. I think the majority of people wanted to have it set up the way it is so they could find books in genres they don't normally read.
The poll I put up was to discuss setting up separate category boards, not threads.

·
Registered
788 Posts
My bad. I knew it had been discussed...

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Mikuto said:
My bad. I knew it had been discussed...
No troubles..... I was the only one who seemed to want the categories, and I got outvoted, so I made my own threads. Everybody is happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts