Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I honestly loved what I saw today. It think it's sleek and beautiful. No offense to Kindle 1 owners, if I had one I wouldn't upgrade it...but I don't, so I'm happy with the new version, which I ordered two weeks ago....unknowingly. There's a thread to complain, so I think those of us who are just happy (yes, I mourned the SD card loss, but I'm over it now)  ;) can just be happy!! Let the countdown begin! I want my Kindle 2 NOW!!

**Does the happy dance**  ;D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I think the new Kindle 2 is sleek looking. I just got mine in November, but if I had one on order I don't think I would be unhappy. I think everyone will love their new version as much as we do ours. Happy dance for you! ;D

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm with you... I thought they were going to announce the K2 today but wasn't sure, and was worried I would never get my Kindle!  I would have been happy with the original, but am thrilled to be on the ground floor of the new.  The battery thing doesn't bother me, as we are an iphone family and love the technology and have never had any problems in 2+ years.  I'm just happy happy that my delivery date is 2/26 instead of sometime in March!!  :D

I do wish they hadn't done away with the SD slot, but 1500 books (at a time) should be sufficient space.  I don't understand people who want to listen to music on these... it's a READER!  I guess I think people should use the technology as it was meant to be used to achieve maximum performance.  I don't want to play music on my ebook and I don't like reading books on my iphone.   ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I mourned all of the accessories this morning and was peeved.  I got over the peeved and concentrated on how nice K2 looks and will be.  Then I tackled the accessories.

SD Card - no loss, as I'll use it for archival storage.
M-Edge case - no loss, it is boxed up and goes out in the post in the morning to be exchanged for a K2 case
M-Edge Lite - no loss, will be used with K2 case
DecalGirls skin - minor loss at worse, will contact DecalGirls once they have K2 skins

I'm ready for my K2 and have books purchased queued, a bunch of samples, and lots of free books on my PC I've downloaded.

·
Registered
679 Posts
While I am very happy with my original Kindle, I also like the new version.

More than anything, i am just glad to see Amazon offer a newer model. I think that is very encouraging overall...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Me too jmeaders!  I'm so loving the free and nearly-free downloads.  I just pre-ordered the $3 Stephen King book because I'm wondering if it will go up in price after 2/24.  I am starting to think shopping for treasures is part of the fun of the Kindle.   :)

That, and the camaraderie it creates with people everywhere.   ;D

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have to agree!  I don't care how many versions they release, how much the price changes after I buy mine, how many pretty new colors they come in, or any of that.

I adore my Kindle, and the more of them they sell, the more EBooks they'll release, and the happier I'll be!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
When I first saw the Boy Genius pictures months ago, I wasn't impressed. Seeing it in action and seeing the new/updated features, I changed my mind real quick.

I can live without the SD card. I checked today and even with all the books and the music files I didn't have anywhere near 1.5 GB used up on the SD card in my kindle, so I think I'll be ok. I'll probably delete more books after I've read them instead of leaving them on my K.

Folders, ah well, I've lived without them for this long. It would be nice.

I do keep music on mine, even though I have an ipod..Just in case.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I am surprised I ended up on the good end of this whole thing. Usually I order it, get it and a new one comes out a day later. BUT NOT THIS TIME, BABY!! I am so sorry if it seems like I am gloating, but I am thrilled Amazon did this the way they did, and all of us who waited patiently for the right time, or scrimped and saved each penny, got a new cool toy!!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
LSbookend said:
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, happity, happity, happity, joy, joy, JOY.

Now where's it from?
...Rugrats?
edit: I was wrong....I was thinking: Let's sing the happy happy happy song.....or however it went

(happy dance)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Love my K1, have had it almost a year, but I ordered the K2. I just like to have the newest.  ;D Now, if Oberon will hurry up and come out with covers for the K2, I will be perfectly happy...lol!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
...Rugrats?

(happy dance)
Close same era

WolfePrincess73 got it. 2 bonus points to you. These bonus points are in no way redeemable for amazon gift cards, but do give you the pride of knowing you are winning. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
Happy happy joy joy...isn't that Ren and Stimpy????
Exactly. :p I'm definitely looking forward to receiving my Kindle 2. I think it looks to be an upgrade, not a downgrade.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I am extremely happy for those that are getting the new K2. I have the K1, & love it. I plan on ordering the K2 as soon as I save up for it. I also want to get an Oberon Cover for it, so hurry up Oberon. I also want to get more skins. Hurry up skin people. LOL!!! Oh, I want my accountant to finish doing my taxes so I can get my tax refund. Oh, the wait begins once again.......  ::)
*I want reviews of the K2 the minute you tear yourselves off of it, please!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Go Laura, it's your B'day, you gotta party like it's your B'day!!!!!!!! 8)

I'm joining in this dancefloor-forum!!!! ;D
I feel like it is my birthday...even better...birthday, Christmas, Reyes and Hannukah combined, I'm so happy I'm getting my Kindle. The truth is I didn't mind if it was K1 or K2 I just wanted one.
After today I'm happy I'm getting K2 I like the design better... I have to confess: I'm Laura and I'm ALSO an Apple-holic...so there I said it :-[
I just love the slick design the K2 has, it's more...ME!!!!
I will post as soon as I get it with pictures and everything, PROMISE!!! Meanwhile is good to have company.
Happy waiting...... ;) :p

B

·
0 Posts
I'm ecstatic!  Not that I give a damn about the K2 or ever plan on owning one.  But I'm on cloud nine because its release meant that I got to buy a slightly used K1 from some slavering technophile for only $225. ;D  Now we're a two-Kindle household.  Huzzah!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts