Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A site redesign for The Frugal eReader was part of the goal to continue to offer and expand the exposure of Frugal Finds Under Nine. I wanted to make the site more user friendly and interactive... and it is finally complete! If you visit the site, you'll find that all of the same content is still included, just with an all improved look and layout!

To celebrate, I'm holding a sweepstakes exclusively for the author community. The prize is the ultimate promotional package on The Frugal eReader {a $95 value}.

This includes:
- One sponsorship day
- One banner ad day
- One week-long 300x250 graphic ad
- One social media package

You can see these items listed on the Promotional Opportunities page on the site {http://thefrugalereader.com/promotional-opportunities/}. The details are now published publicly, instead of having to request them through eMail, but please feel free to reach out to me should you have any questions.

Enter this sweepstakes by leaving a comment on this thread!

Nothing fancy needed - let me know what you think of the new site, if you have heard of TFeR before, or just say hi! I'll randomly pick {through random.org} and announce the winner here on this thread Sunday night at 9pm {PST}.

I hope you welcome this thread {and sweeps} into your Cafe. I've had so much fun creating and running the site, and it is due in large part because of this community.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've obviously heard of TFeR before, as I have two promo days coming up soon. Congrats on the redesign!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I love the new design--very eye catching!  :)  Thank for having such a cool sweepstakes, too!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Looks good, Elizabeth!

For some reason, the banner ad at the top of the page is off-center on my monitor. Fwiw, I'm using an iMac and Firefox 3.6.

·
Registered
992 Posts
modwitch said:
I like the new look, Elizabeth. And Scott Sigler's Infected cover at the top right now is, um, eye-catching :D. (and creepy!)
Yes it is! (BTW- I finished A Modern Witch last night and loved it. reviews coming soon!)

I don't remember what it looked like before (sorry!) but I do like the way the background colors are mostly subtle with the occasional color pop. It lets the cover art stand out very nicely!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Elizabeth: I, too, have upcoming promotion on TFeR, but boy, do I love your new site design!  Very very nice!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It has a very clean, professional, streamlined look, and I think that's important, because readers are looking for someone they can trust to help them choose from the sea of books out there.  They know there are a lot of authors out there hawking their own stuff, so they want to know their source is unbiased and reliable.  I think the way you've designed the site helps to build that feeling.  Nice job!

--Maria

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had heard of TFeR before but had never ventured over to have a look before.
On first impression I like the site in general. Simple, easy to navigate, uncluttered and organized.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had not seen your site before, but I like the clean look that you have now. The navigation is uncomplicated and the color scheme is pleasing without being overdone.

If I can save a promotional package for when my book is released, I would like to be entered into your drawing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for the compliments, everyone!

Kpfowler said:
I don't remember what it looked like before (sorry!) but I do like the way the background colors are mostly subtle with the occasional color pop. It lets the cover art stand out very nicely!
That was the exact thought process behind the color scheme! :)

Monique said:
Looks good, Elizabeth!

For some reason, the banner ad at the top of the page is off-center on my monitor. Fwiw, I'm using an iMac and Firefox 3.6.
Thanks for letting me know, and for taking a screenshot. I'm not sure why you're seeing it that way, as it looks centered on the screen I'm on now. Are you by any chance on a *huge* monitor? My monitor at home is much bigger than the one I use at work (and also a Mac), and sometimes it's slightly off centered, so I wonder if that is why... I'll look into it!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts