Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K.  You folks are a veritable font of information and enabling.  So here goes:

In July I'm going to a sort of music camp. . . .mostly guitarists.  We're doing an un-birthday theme and having a gift exchange.  I am looking for cell phone charms, preferably with a music or religious theme since it's also a sort of retreat.  Now, they would likely not be used on cell phones, they would be used to ornament guitar tuning pegs.  I have looked on Amazon and there are a couple.  Anyone else know any good places to shop?  The un-birthday gifts are to be $5 to $10 in value.

Thanks for any help!


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
Airport! They always have keychains and charms of all sorts in the shops.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't do ebay. . . . .The airport is an idea. . . .except I think all the good shopping at National is inside the security barrier. . .not sure though. . . .keep those ideas coming. . . . I busy googling too. . . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Crafts stores have tons of charms.  It would be very easy to pick up some ribbon or a black string.  I browse those aisles all the time wishing I had something to use them on.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,329 Posts
Is there a difference between cell phone charms and charms?  I just looked at the cellphone charms website and was a little puzzled.  Do people put these on a chain attached to their cellphone?

Of course there are the Oberon charms...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NogDog said:
I'd never heard of cellphone charms before, but a quick Google found this site: http://anniescellphonecharms.com/ and a bunch of others. So now I've fulfilled my quota for learning something new every day. :)
Yep, I found that one. . .it's got some nice designs and the quality seems to be good, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for at this time. . . . .I'm still looking
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sugar said:
Wow! You're a champion searcher. . . I'll check 'em out! Thanks!

deb, a friend suggested craft stores; the thing is I don't want to make it myself as that's just not my thing. . .still, there's a Michael's around the corner so I will check it out.

mlewis, the thing about cell phone charms is that they have a short lanyard so they can be hooked onto the lanyard pin found on many cell phones. And, as explained in the OP, they look stylish hanging from your guitar's tuning peg. Welll, one looks good, more than that might look tacky. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
O.K. You folks are a veritable font of information and enabling. So here goes:

In July I'm going to a sort of music camp. . . .mostly guitarists. We're doing an un-birthday theme and having a gift exchange. I am looking for cell phone charms, preferably with a music or religious theme since it's also a sort of retreat. Now, they would likely not be used on cell phones, they would be used to ornament guitar tuning pegs. I have looked on Amazon and there are a couple. Anyone else know any good places to shop? The un-birthday gifts are to be $5 to $10 in value.

Thanks for any help!
One of the members here had some charms for sale, member's name is "Kind", maybe PM him and see if he has anything that will suitable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Sugar, I love the ones you found.  I would like those and I'm not even musical. 
LOL.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,416 Posts
drenee said:
Sugar, I love the ones you found. I would like those and I'm not even musical.
LOL.
deb
LOL nor am I :) but yes I thought they looked nice and weren't priced too bad either :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,416 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Wow! You're a champion searcher. . . I'll check 'em out! Thanks!

deb, a friend suggested craft stores; the thing is I don't want to make it myself as that's just not my thing. . .still, there's a Michael's around the corner so I will check it out.

mlewis, the thing about cell phone charms is that they have a short lanyard so they can be hooked onto the lanyard pin found on many cell phones. And, as explained in the OP, they look stylish hanging from your guitar's tuning peg. Welll, one looks good, more than that might look tacky. :D
Your welcome :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,107 Posts
Just search on google since you don't do ebay. These things have been around for years
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,515 Posts
Ann, They are really so easy to make yourself, and much much cheaper. I made about 500 a couple years ago as giveaways for our quiltguild's show. took me maybe 2 days, and total cost was maybe 50 cents apiece? Of course ymmv depending on the price of the charms you use. I used bulk bought pony beads.

Quilters use them on scissors, rulers, rotary cutters, etc. when going to classes or on retreats together so we all know which stuff is ours.. nothing like getting 25 women together and holding up a pair of scissors and saying whose are these?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did some googling cheerio. . . . .but figured the more googlers the better and I did get some really good leads from folks here.

BTackitt. . . . if you knew me you would not even begin to suggest I try to do anything remotely like a craft project :D It just doesn't work! BUT I have had many friends who are quite talented in various arts and crafts so I have learned how to judge quality beyond "could I do that?". Because, of course, the answer is almost always 'no'.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top