Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Mikuto said:
The puritanical views of the USA never fail to amaze me, and I was born here. How a country can be more offended by nudity and sex than by horrific violence is just baffling to me.

And that's all I have to say. :mad:
I was born and raised in Europe and it is this weird hypocrisy that I find completely baffling and very insincere, no matter how long I live here.
The so called outrage rings shallow to my ears. I am appalled at any censorship of any kind in books. Whats next, burning of books? Fahrenheit 451 indeed.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
We had to read The Tin drum in school. I was maybe 13, if I can remember correctly, maybe even younger. I think just the thought of anyone reading the Tin drum would implode the head of some of those people.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Yeah, it was a difficult read to say the least.  :eek: We certainly were not sheltered in that way. It was all about the literature.

But I also grew up in a country where I sat in taverns drinking beer legally at 16 and bought crossword puzzles with boobies on the front as a child. Perfectly normal where I grew up.  ;D

America, the land where censors are scared of nekkid boobies but have no issues with someone getting their head blown off in slow mo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts