Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a CES keynote today, industry analysts from the Consumer Electronics Association listed e-readers as the 2nd fastest growing products in consumer electronics.

In a period where some consumer electronics product growth is slacking off, e-readers are emerging as a fast-growing area.

(Thanks to all of us and our loose wallets!) :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's good new's! ;D ;D ;D

G

·
Great news Harvey.  Be careful, don't let them get your soul!

Of course, we know we have the number one ereader on that list!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Nice to be on the "cutting edge" for once

·
Registered
657 Posts
Anyone see the Today show this morning? Al Roker was at CES and they were showing the "green" electronics for 2009.

The pr guy showed the new Sony eReader and Al's response?

"Oh is that like the Amazon Kindle?"

Ouch sony  :D

Seems sony backed betamax AGAIN..

IMO The Kindle is like the IPod. It will be the product all eReaders will be judged by.

Well I'm like Harvey though..I prefer my zune over my ipod!

Maggie - the gadget addict

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ Ha! Good old Al.

In the briefing I attended yesterday, it seemed to me that CES was going out of its way to not mention names of e-readers. I wonder if it is because Amazon doesn't have a presence at CES (i.e. isn't a sponsor), while Sony - and Verizon, for that matter - are pretty big sponsors.

I mean, how can you talk about the emerging importance of e-readers, and not mention Kindle?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Off topic but...

Harvey do you know how much those new docks that use wireless charging is going to cost? They showed a few.
One had the ability to plug anything in it like a lightbulb. The theory was eventually cords for anything will be obsolete!
The other is a between the seat car thingy that holds drinks etc BUT can also charge electronics like a zune AND a Kindle (ooh bought back on topic!). Right now only police and fire departments are using them but it was going to go commercial eventually.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The wireless chargers that I saw at CES are expected to retail for $99 (for the PowerMat), plus varying prices for the device-specific receivers that are required. Not bad for an introductory technology... they'll no doubt just get cheaper from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts