Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying all day, off and on as I am getting frustrated, to change my avatar with a photobucket picture.  I am even using the "change profile" button, but nothing is showing up.  In fact I don't even know how I got my original avatar  ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I ended up e-mailing the picture from my mac to myself and then putting the picture on my desktop and then copying to my profile - I think LOL

Still not sure how to insert in a post though.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You can only post pictures in a KindleBoards post that is already on the internet, such as in your Photobucket account, or posted elsewhere.

How you proceed depends on your browser software.

-- If you are using Firefox, it is very easy: right-click on any picture and choose Copy Image Location.

-- If you are using Internet Explorer, right-click on any picture and choose Properties, then you must choose and copy the entire Address, which may take up several lines which you cannot see. It is imperative that you choose the entire Address, or your picture will not appear.

OPTIONAL. You can verify that you have chosen the correct image address by pasting it into your browser's URL box, as you would with any URL. Your picture should be the only thing you see on the resulting web page.

Once you have copied the entire image location/address, create your post and click the little picture button (third from the left, below the Underline button). Then paste the image location/address.

Before posting, click the Preview button and you can see the result prior to posting. Then it's easy to correct any errors prior to posting.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Anju.... This is what you posted.... You did not capture the entire/correct URL:

h ttp://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww277/jimydona/?action-

It must be the URL of the picture, not of the album, and should look more like this:

h ttp://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww277/jimydona/CIMG03794.jpg

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pidgeon - I tried again with the full address and it still did not work.

I use firefox and have a mac - would that change your directions any?

Anju

this is a copy of yours

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I know what you are doing wrong.... You have chosen COPY LINK LOCATION vs. COPY IMAGE LOCATION.

Copy Image Location is lower down in the menu dialog box.

This is what you posted above.... It is not quite the same as mine.... Note the http problem:

[ img ]http://ttp://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww277/jimydona/CIMG03794.jpg[ /img ]

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Verena - lost kindleboards for awhile. My computer (mac) is really acting up today, definitely not the loose screw sitting on the chair in front of it LOL

I was using the HQML link, should I have used the dir link or the img link? img is image? I also don't know how to have two windows open on firefox, i.e., photobucket and kindle at the same time so I am having to go out and come back and unfortunately getting confused. Thank you for being so patient with me :)
Dona

if this picture comes out I think it was the dir link, but then could be the img link - my preview does not show anything but the words or letters -

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by dir link, or the HQML link.....

It's not your Mac, the boards servers are acting up again.

To open a new window in Firefox, just go to File.... New Window, or use the key command Command + N on your Mac's keyboard. You can have dozens of windows open at any given moment.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if nothing else I have learned a lot today! Maybe some one else if they bother to read this.

I "THINK" I got it! LOL

Thanks Verena and Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.