Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
What's up with the Amazon bashing?
"Amazon has also been widely criticized for keeping too much revenue from e-books for itself and cutting authors and digital book publishers out of any substantial returns."
Doesn't Amazon give a larger cut than most publishers? So isn't it just publishers that are complaining because they are getting less?

·
Registered
921 Posts
It was only a matter of time.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think the books that Google has are ones that they have scanned from archival libraries and are OOP and/or are what they call "orphan books" that are still under copyright, but the author or publishers are dead or gone. This may be good, giving everyone access to these books, but from what I understand these books were scanned and converted, so I doubt they are well formatted.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Regardless, the more competition, the better. I just hope a universal format, like .jpg or .mpg evolves, because fracturing a market like e-books will certainly slow adoption, if not cripple it forever. The READER can be proprietary, but the CONTENT should be universal.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have only found the first parts of the book. I would not read a book on the computer. Is google going to allow the ebook or sample to download to an ereader? is google going to come out with there own ereader?
Sylvia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts