Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the few things that I miss about DT books is that with the Kindle, I can't leaf ahead to find out how far it is to the end of the chapter. Going to the table of contents and selecting the next chapter to see what text # it starts on is too much of an interruption to the reading (and not as satisfying as seeing where one chapter ends and the next one begins. Also, not all books allow you to select each chapter.)

So I've been wondering--would it be possible for the formatting to include little marks, integrated into the row of dots at the bottom of the page, that indicate chapter endings? They could be short lines, or open dots, or some such. With long books each dot may include many pages, so it wouldn't be as useful. But it seems there should be some fairly simple way to include this small but important bit of information.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
you can see the largish dots/spots of sections on some ebooks. Other books that I have reopened I can see the dots/spots were all my turned corners are. you could use the TOC and mark the corners yourself. I tried that then could not find my place where left off....
maybe someone else well have suggestion
sylvia

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
I believe some books do have chapter markings in the 'percent read' section. . .works only on the K2.  Others don't have it but, as ak rain said, you could go through at the beginning and mark them all yourself using the bookmarks function.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I know what you mean, I used to flip ahead a bit too and check how far it was until the next chapter.

The problem I have noticed is that not all books are consistent with Kindle. Some may have chapter markings (dots) some do not, some have TOC that makes it easier to check-some do not. etc.

So basically I don't think there is a consistent all the way across,works for every kindle book type answer to this.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Personally, I've never cared where a chapter begins or ends.  I read until I don't want to or don't have time to keep reading, then I put the book down.  If I'm really close to the end of the whole book, I might stay up a few more minutes to finish the book, but otherwise, a book lasts as long as it lasts, then I'm done - on to the next book! :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
SusanCassidy said:
Personally, I've never cared where a chapter begins or ends. I read until I don't want to or don't have time to keep reading, then I put the book down. If I'm really close to the end of the whole book, I might stay up a few more minutes to finish the book, but otherwise, a book lasts as long as it lasts, then I'm done - on to the next book! :)
I'm the same way :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts