Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -
I'm being stationed in Europe later this summer. It was only after I bought my Kindle that I realized that the wireless download feature won't work over there, but oh well. However, I just realized.... my wall charger would fry it if I plug it into 220 power over there. Does anyone know of any wall chargers for the European power grid system?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
No it won't, the Kindle is dual voltage. You just need a plug adapter.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
No it won't, the Kindle is dual voltage. You just need a plug adapter.
Pidgeon is right. I used my Kindle and its charger in Switzerland last fall. No problems at all.

L

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yippee, thanks! One less thing to worry about. Now to just get through the Army training. The Kindle is going to be awesome for deployment ! :) Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Betsy. The only downside I find is that I'm so busy looking up things on here that I spend less time reading! :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
katsim said:
Thanks Betsy. The only downside I find is that I'm so busy looking up things on here that I spend less time reading! :)
A common ailment!! :D

I find I have to set aside specific times to read, and then slip in extra time when I can.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Yes, I spend waaayyyy too much time on KindleBoards.  I do get to read some, but the housekeeping and the quilting is falling by the wayside.  And I have some commissions to do...

Betsy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts