Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
traveling overseas in 3 wks. i need my kindle with me. not leaving my "pooky" behind.... does anyone know if i can use the charger i have or i need to purchase another charger good for overseas ? ??? ??? = power voltage difference. thank you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Depends where you are going.."overseas" is kind of broad. There are adapters available for all major electric outlets though.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
According to the manual:
The Kindle power adapter is a universal power adapter and will work in worldwide. If you are traveling outside of the United States, and want to recharge your Kindle,simply insert the power adapter to a country approved physical plug adapter (not included) for the country you are in.

·
Registered
740 Posts
You'd probably need an adapter for the plugin thingy, I believe they use round (things sticking out of the plug) as opposed to the flat ones we have here.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think you'll definitely need an adapter. Thankfully they aren't difficult to find, and they aren't usually very expensive. The travel departments of major chain stores usually carry them.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
L.Canton said:
I think you'll definitely need an adapter. Thankfully they aren't difficult to find, and they aren't usually very expensive. The travel departments of major chain stores usually carry them.
They sell them at Radio Shack, Amazon, Magellan's catalog...they are easy to find.

Another option, if you will have multiple electronic devices that will need charging is to take a power strip and one plug adapter for that. Usually for the power strip you'll need a three prong plug adapter; for the Kinde charger, you'll only need a two prong adapter. Figuring out how many devices you'll have will help you figure out what is the most cost effective alternative.

L

·
Registered
599 Posts
You will need an adapter (NOT a converter) specific to the country you're going to.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can you charge via USB? I've never tried but I've wondered. Although you would probably still need a power adapter for a laptop or something...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts