Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

When I charge my Kindle 2 using the supplied charger it seems that the adapter gets really warm.  Cell phone chargers do not heat up that much.  I was wondering if it was normal and if everyone was experiencing the same thing with their Kindle chargers.

Thanks!

John

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I haven't checked mine; I will the next time I charge.  Some of my chargers do get quite warm, though, especially the laptop chargers.

Betsy

·
Registered
921 Posts
HoOn said:
Hello Everyone!

When I charge my Kindle 2 using the supplied charger it seems that the adapter gets really warm. Cell phone chargers do not heat up that much. I was wondering if it was normal and if everyone was experiencing the same thing with their Kindle chargers.

Thanks!

John
Mine does not get warm when charging.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to ask here first to see if it was normal but it seems it isn't.  I'll have to contact Amazon support and ask them about it then.

Please continue to post if you do have the issue or not.

Thanks guys!

- JOhn

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know the hardest thing for my parents, 56 & 57, is "how do I get the book onto this thing?" Downloading data is usually the issue, whether it's the kindle, the ipod I bought them, etc.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
NorthernLiberties said:
I know the hardest thing for my parents, 56 & 57, is "how do I get the book onto this thing?" Downloading data is usually the issue, whether it's the kindle, the ipod I bought them, etc.
???

·
Registered
685 Posts
HoOn said:
Hello Everyone!

When I charge my Kindle 2 using the supplied charger it seems that the adapter gets really warm. Cell phone chargers do not heat up that much. I was wondering if it was normal and if everyone was experiencing the same thing with their Kindle chargers.

Thanks!

John
If you are worried about your Kindle 2 charger, you can just plug the USB cable into your PC and charge the Kindle 2 that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts