Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my K2 on Friday. I really want to replace as many paper books as I can with ebooks. I already have a great head start on my sci fi/fantasy thanks to Baen, but I need help with other genres.

Lots of my non-fiction books have charts and graphs--David Allen Getting Things Done, the Peter Walsh clutter books, etc.

Are the illustrations included in their respective Kindle versions? Are they truly usable?

Please advise--I haven't run across any charts in the book samples I've tried so far, and don't want to waste my money.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
As with most things, the answer is "it depends." :) I don't know about the particular books you mentioned, but it seems like most books do include the illustrations. With the Kindle, you can zoom in on illustrations, so most of them are ok. Tables are more hit or miss. Sometimes they are included as a picture, which is ok as long as they aren't too complicated. However, if the publisher put them in as text, they can get mangled. For instance, I read Freakonomics on my Kindle, which has a few tables that were nearly useless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for letting me know. I'm not planning to read anything really heavy duty on the Kindle (textbooks are still better in print, IMH)) for in David Allen's GTD, for example, if you can't see the workflow diagram that is such an essential part of the text, the potential understanding of the text is lessened considerably.

Hopefully a few more folks will chime in here so that we can get some more input on this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts