Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I upgraded to Firefox 3.0, I have not been able to access the chat room on kindleboards or any other web site.

I tried to solve this by following these steps:

1. Since this could have been caused by java problems, I made sure the latest version of java was installed.

2. To make sure that it was not a web site problem, I also tried accessing the chat rooms under Safari. This was successful which showed that java was working correctly.

3. I then had the thought that my firefox profile might have some errors, so I went to mozilla.com and clicked Support to find out how to create a new profile. This is described on http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles

After I followed the instructions to create a new profile, I restarted Firefox and tried to access the kindleboards chat room again.

This time everything worked correctly, so it appears that a new profile is what is needed when your chat room does not display correctly.

I am running on a MAC, so the steps to create a new profile are probably not the same under windows, but a new profile is still probably the solution to chat room problems.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
I use Firefox 3.x on an XP machine and have no problem getting to chat.  Hopefully one of the Mac users here will be able to help you.

Ann

1 - 2 of 2 Posts