Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd thing happened to me.  I cancelled a subscription two days ago that was paid through until January 14th.  On the Manage my Kindle page, it shows the subscription as inactive, having been cancelled on January 5th.  Now, I go to my bank account, and Amazon has taken a payment for the subscription yesterday (the 6th) even though the subscription was not due for renewal till the 14th, and had been paid last on December 14th.  So now I have paid again and am not receiving it and Amazon shows no record on my account of the payment they took yesterday.

I have emailed them and am secure in the knowledge that they will rectify it, I just wanted others to be aware of this potential problem.

Happy Reading,
Diana

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, about to die of embarassment here. As I suspected, I got an almost immediate response to my query. Here it goes--they refunded the subscription, they didn't take it out. They said because I cancelled, they refunded the last amount. I checked, and yes--that was a deposit to my account :-[ That just makes their customer service all the more awesome, I had still used two weeks of this month's fee so I did not feel they owed me a refund. They are so good with their customer service and I feel like such a boob now for not noticing that!!!

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
Diana said:
Well, about to die of embarassment here.
Don't do that! If we all did that there'd not be too many of us left 'round here. :)

I've had the same experience with canceling subscriptions. It's apparently automatically billed on a certain date. If canceled, they refund some or all. You just have to check your CC statement to be sure it happened.

Note: you HAVE used up your 'free trial' so if you resubscribe, they'll start billing right away.

Ann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts