(Subject) Discover the "Bad Luck Charlie" series!

Looking for a new series to get lost in? Discover xxauthornamexx's xxadjectivexx Bad Luck Charlie series!

It was looking like Lady Luck had quite a grudge against him. In fact, at this point merely crashing the multi-billion-dollar ship he had helped design would have felt like winning the lottery compared to his current dilemma. If only he were so lucky.

Things had started off all right--that is, until a freak wormhole unexpectedly swallowed his ship, leaving him stranded on an unknown planet far, far from home. With the crew's lives at stake, Charlie had no choice but to stop his whining, put on his big boy pants, and step up to save them all, and much to his surprise, it actually looked like he might succeed. Of course, that was when things really went sideways in ways that made merely crashing on an uncharted planet seem like a walk in the park.

Suddenly faced with alien space pirates, talking dragons, and something that seemed very much like magic, Charlie found himself adrift, feeling like a space age Robinson Crusoe--only his man Friday was a blue-skinned alien, and this wasn't just a desert island. It was a whole new galaxy.

Bad Luck Charlie: The Dragon Mage Book 1, by Scott Baron
"Ok, this old guy was brought up reading the likes of Heinlein, Clarke, Norton and Asimov. I watched Star Trek on it's first run, and have enjoyed hard Science Fiction (never Sci Fi)for years. Sorcery and dragons? Ha, leave that to the Dungeons and Dragons crowd ( I am told that geek is not a politically correct term.) So I stumble upon (ok, I think it was free) "Bad Luck Charlie, The Dragon Mage Book 1." Poor Charlie and crew crash lands in a universe that uses magic like we use technology...well okay, I'll read a few more pages, bound and determined to get my money's worth from it (I know, it was free but I'm a cheap SOB)...what the hell, it works and it has dragons!!! Scott Baron weaves a great story with enough Science Fiction to keep us Science Fiction fans happy and wanting more, and (though just guessing), keeping the D&D folks happy enough to take off their wizards capes. Mr. Baron, the cunning dude, leaves you wanting to find out what happens in his not free next books in the series, forcing you to buy them, thereby making payments on his Maserati and keeping us hooked! Each book gets better making the world(s) believable and throwing in "how legends are born stuff" for the fun of it! If you want a series that makes you ponder our life and how it effects the universe, then seriously, why? But for a great time reading something that's fun, witty and keeps you up reading until your partner yells at you to go to bed, this is it! This will get you addicted in a good way(?). And if it does, just read some Ayn Rand (or a Trump tweet) to detox from these great books! Oh, did I say it has a vampire too?!" -- Amazon Reviewer
Charlie Gault had all the luck. Unfortunately, it wasn't the good kind.

It was looking like Lady Luck had quite a grudge against him. In fact, at this point merely crashing the multi-billion-dollar ship he had helped design would have felt like winning the lottery compared to his current dilemma. If only he were so lucky.

Things had started off all right--that is, until a freak wormhole unexpectedly swallowed his ship, leaving him stranded on an unknown planet far, far from home. With the crew's lives at stake, Charlie had no choice but to stop his whining, put on his big boy pants, and step up to save them all, and much to his surprise, it actually looked like he might succeed. Of course, that was when things really went sideways in ways that made merely crashing on an uncharted planet seem like a walk in the park.

Suddenly faced with alien space pirates, talking dragons, and something that seemed very much like magic, Charlie found himself adrift, feeling like a space age Robinson Crusoe--only his man Friday was a blue-skinned alien, and this wasn't just a desert island. It was a whole new galaxy.

Worldwide links:

More books in the Bad Luck Charlie series

Get on the mailing list

Don't miss book #xx in the Bad Luck Charlie Series coming xxFall 2013!

Meet the Author

A native Californian, Scott Baron was born in Hollywood, which he claims may be the reason for his off-kilter sense of humor. Before taking up residence in Venice Beach, he spent a few years studying abroad before settling into the film and television industry, where he has worked off and on for some time. Scott not only writes, but is also involved in indie film and theater both in the U.S. and abroad.