Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why? Because they're busted...again. The collection info is all missing. Bad programming. KDP are looking into mine, but have insisted it's working. It's patently not. Everything after the ? in the url is missing in the books 1-4 but it's there for the box set and THAT works fine. KDP give the usual rubbish. Clear cache etc... sigh.

There go sales again.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D-to-the-C said:
Yup, the new 'paperback / ebook' layout has mucked up my series link too. But their split-testing the new look, so it may be that your KDP rep isn't seeing what you're seeing.
There's a pattern though. I checked some of our kboards guys and the ones that have sub titles are busted. My boxset has "Merkiaari Wars" as the series link. It works. BUT the sales pages for individual books has "Merkiaari Wars (4 Book Series)" as the link and doesn't work

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
I've contacted Amazon Customer Support about this issue; as a series reader, this is NOT acceptable.  I click on the series link all the time.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Mark E. Cooper said:
Not missing. The link is there but busted.
Hmm, unless I am still misunderstanding something, all of mine seem to be working okay.

Let me go click on yours...

*addendum*

Went to click on series link, everything seems to be clickable. How weird, I am really not seeing what you guys are talking about. Maybe my cache is set to an older "good" version of it... But that makes no sense, I haven't clicked on your book before, so it wouldn't be cached in my browser...

So confused.

Sorry that I am being dense.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
My links work, but they have an obsolete cover for House of PLeasure. This has happened before. GRRRRR

By the way, since the series page show paperbacks as the main book for eacch title, this is something you can call Author Central about and they always get things fixed quickly.

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Vera Nazarian said:
Hmm, unless I am still misunderstanding something, all of mine seem to be working okay.

Let me go click on yours...

*addendum*

Went to click on series link, everything seems to be clickable. How weird, I am really not seeing what you guys are talking about. Maybe my cache is set to an older "good" version of it... But that makes no sense, I haven't clicked on your book before, so it wouldn't be cached in my browser...

So confused.

Sorry that I am being dense.
Hmmm... the link of Mark's that I checked was the one on this page:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IPN0N2O/?tag=kbkindleb-20

Haven't checked the one on the series he talks about earlier...
EDIT: I've checked three series on Mark's page--the link doesn't work for any of them. :(

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

EDIT: I've checked three series on Mark's page--the link doesn't work for any of them. :(
This link works just fine for me, and when I click though and click on the Shifter Legacies series link, that also works fine!

Then I kept drilling down and clicked around on all the different individual titles, and again, all works fine!

How bizarre...

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:

But KDP says "Sure they do. I clicked and your book appears"
Mark says "But it's the SERIES LINK ON THE PAGE that doesn't work"
But KDP says "I've clicked the link and your book 1 Hard Duty appears."
Mark says "But it's the SERIES LINK ON THE PAGE that doesn't WORK!!!!!"
But KDP says "I've clicked the link and your book 1 Hard Duty appears. Please clear your cache. Or use a different browser."

I give up.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Mark E. Cooper said:
But KDP says "I've clicked the link and your book 1 Hard Duty appears. Please clear your cache. Or use a different browser."

I give up.
Oh man, for what it's worth yours are currently working for me, as are mine. Hopefully I slept through all of the technical difficulties.

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Mark E. Cooper said:

I give up.
Have you tried sending them the actual series link? For example this is the series link I tried first that (still) doesn't work for me, though apparently it worked for Vera. (I'm on an iPad, by the way...)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XJ0RRB8/ref=series_rw_dp_labf

Betsy

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.