Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this on the K2 boards on amazon today.. after my post and several people confirmed they had things on the long time wish list that are now ready for download as well.. hope you are one of them... thought I would share here as well....

I have had a complaint with Amazon for a while now and while i in NO way think my phone call got this  entire thing ,rolling I would like to think someone was made aware.

I have had at least six books on my save for later list. ALL of these books have a "not yet available" label.. TWO of them have had it since August... I found three more thing week, I was over it. I finally called them on Thursday... when I found another.

I called CS and asked.. either give us a window or after 30 days take it down.. some of my books have been that way for months. I spoke to a very nice supervisor who walked through my selections.. he said he could totally understand my frustation. He was going to look into it, he was suprised they were so many. I figured that was that.

So AFTER my call, I went to the bookstore and broke down and bought on in hardback (GASP) since it has been on the "not yet available" status since Jan.

Yesterday I check again..just for the heck of it.. and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE BOOKS WAS READY FOR DOWNLOAD.... even the one that had been there since August.. (and of course the one I JUST bought on thursday.. lol.. oh well)

So if you have some books you are looking for that are pending.. check it out.. I can't believe they are finally on my kindle (one was even a cat guide that has been around forever.. LOL)

enjoy

·
Registered
244 Posts
So are these books that you found in the Kindle Store but were unable to download or books that you clicked the "I'd like to read this on Kindle" link?  Because I have never found where it saved books that I clicked the I want this on Kindle link and I didn't think you could save for later unless it was a Kindle book.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Worked for the one "not yet available" item that was already on my wish list.

Damn, I wish I had put Ebert's second Great Movies book there before. I just added it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Not sure if this is related, but I saw a post that Random House has made much of its catalog available for 'kindling', so if they're not available, talk to Amazon.  IS it related?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Not sure if this is related, but I saw a post that Random House has made much of its catalog available for 'kindling', so if they're not available, talk to Amazon. IS it related?
See, i think Random house should submit them to Amazon in Kindle form just as everyone else does, instead of expecting Amazon to contact them and then format them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Can you tell me more about wish lists? When I'm looking at a paper book that I'd like on Kindle, I can add that paper book to my wish list, but how would Amazon know that what I want is that book on Kindle, rather than just a wish list of paper books?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you!!!!

I had a book that was "Not Yet Available" and has been like that for weeks. I was thinking about sending CS an email. Now it is available. Maybe you uncovered some weird software glitch for them!

~Paks

·
Registered
392 Posts
Could someone explain this a little better? I too understand wish list for paper or hardbound books, but don't know what this is in reference to the kindle.

help?

???

·
Registered
558 Posts
busy91 said:
Follow these instructions:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/wishlist/get-button/

And if you are like me, the button may not show up, however, as long as you have the link, it works.
I still don't understand. I know how to add a paper book to a wishlist, but all that means is I want this (paper) book. How would Amazon know that the items on your wishlist are items you want in kindle format?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
vermontcathy said:
I still don't understand. I know how to add a paper book to a wishlist, but all that means is I want this (paper) book. How would Amazon know that the items on your wishlist are items you want in kindle format?
They don't. You still have to click the "I want to read this on Kindle" link.

I keep three wishlists on Amazon... One for regular items, one for Kindle e-books I want to purchase, and one for books not yet available on Kindle.

I go through the list of books not yet available, and click them all again once a week or so.....

·
Registered
737 Posts
If Amazon didn't hear YOU. Here is a link to a discussion for a tool that will notify you when a book does become available in kbook format.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5371.msg111717.html#msg111717

If Amazon heard you, but was CONFUSED on the price you were willing to pay for the kbook. Here is a link to a discussion for a tool that will notify you when the price of a kbook drops.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,4719.msg100290.html#msg100290

I'm still waiting for the tool that will auto Klick the "I'd like to read this book on Kindle" button hourly, daily, weekly for my wishlist of books. Let me know when someone does it. ;)

·
Registered
21,588 Posts
I am very happy for you that you are finding your list fulfilled.
I have not seen any improvement in the books that I am waiting for and I have pushed the "want it in Kindle" button.
But I also note that the total number of books that Amazon says are in Kindle format has gone up from 230,000 to 240,000 and now 245,000.
So there is hope.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I try to make a point to go thru my want on Kindle list (wish list named Kindle on Amazon) about once a week or so and check it for ones that are available and click on ones that still aren't available.  I figure the squeaky wheel and all that you know  ;D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Patrizia said:
I also posted this on the K2 boards on amazon today.. after my post and several people confirmed they had things on the long time wish list that are now ready for download as well.. hope you are one of them... thought I would share here as well....

Patrizia, thanks!!! I had actually checked on one book (Friday Night Lights, which has been listed as a Kindle book, but was "not yet available" since June) on Saturday, and it was still not available. When I read your post, I figured I'd try again, and THERE IT WAS!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Berni

I have had a complaint with Amazon for a while now and while i in NO way think my phone call got this entire thing ,rolling I would like to think someone was made aware.

I have had at least six books on my save for later list. ALL of these books have a "not yet available" label.. TWO of them have had it since August... I found three more thing week, I was over it. I finally called them on Thursday... when I found another.

I called CS and asked.. either give us a window or after 30 days take it down.. some of my books have been that way for months. I spoke to a very nice supervisor who walked through my selections.. he said he could totally understand my frustation. He was going to look into it, he was suprised they were so many. I figured that was that.

So AFTER my call, I went to the bookstore and broke down and bought on in hardback (GASP) since it has been on the "not yet available" status since Jan.

Yesterday I check again..just for the heck of it.. and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE BOOKS WAS READY FOR DOWNLOAD.... even the one that had been there since August.. (and of course the one I JUST bought on thursday.. lol.. oh well)

So if you have some books you are looking for that are pending.. check it out.. I can't believe they are finally on my kindle (one was even a cat guide that has been around forever.. LOL)

enjoy

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
Woo Hoo! One of mine is also now available!
Congrats! I don't have a Amazon wishlist. Well actually I do but I don't wanna pay for my wishlist .... expensive sound systems, tv's, etc etc. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts