1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
67,487 Posts
I betcha that if you like it and ask where to buy it, that the hotel gives you a special link to buy one so they get a kick back. . .much like our link on this board.

Ann

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
I betcha that if you like it and ask where to buy it, that the hotel gives you a special link to buy one so they get a kick back. . .much like our link on this board.

Ann
I bet the hotel sells you that Kindle, complete with the book you are reading/listening to. They surely have purchased many Ks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cool! 8)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I spent my wedding night at the Algonquin.

Seriously. But I wasn't reading a Kindle. Or anything else for that matter. LOL

L

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
This is really cool. I hope Kindles start popping up everywhere.

Leslie said:

Leslie, I'm sure you must have been out sight seeing ;)

G

·
Leslie said:

L
Well you have to have the lights on to read...

(yes, I am setting myself up for a comeback)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
While the extra publicity for Kindle is really great...my question is why would they load it with an AUDIO BOOK ??

·
Super Moderator
67,487 Posts
sherylb said:
While the extra publicity for Kindle is really great...my question is why would they load it with an AUDIO BOOK ??
Yeah, I saw that too, and thought, What??

Maybe the person writing the article was just clueless. . . . .no, wait, that couldn't happen. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
364 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Now thats what I call a fancy-shmancy hotel? But wouldn't Kindle owners just bring their own?

http://www.algonquinhotel.com/nav_services_amenities.html
Quote: Kindle available, loaded with your favorite audio book, in keeping with our literary tradition
I must be missing the part about the audio book because it now read
Quote: Kindle available, loaded with your favorite book, in keeping with our rich literary tradition

Maybe some one saw their mistake and changed the wording.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, we have some friends who -- well, maybe they have more money than brains, as they say. But anyway, they went on a trip and stayed at some deluxe hotel in San Francisco, and the bed was really comfortable. And my friend's husband has a bad back, and he swore it was the best sleep he'd had in ages, and then he found out that he could actually BUY that bed from the hotel. (Well, a new one, not the one in the room.) And they paid over $6000 for the bed and the bed linens (because the wife liked the bed linens so much.)

So if the hotels can sell beds and bedding, why not Kindles? Or flat-screen TV's? Or anything else you happen to have in your hotel room?

·
Super Moderator
67,487 Posts
We've stayed in Hiltons and Hamptons, much more mid range, and they've had info in the room about the beds -- where to buy them, etc.

Ann

1 - 20 of 37 Posts