Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place! But I've noticed that when I search for my books on Kindle on Amazon.com, it automatically directs me to the UK site. I can see there's a way to change that but I'd like to keep looking at both, so do I need to keep going back and forth? I think this must be a fairly new thing - at least I don't remember seeing it before. I didn't put this in the Kindle question area because it's more author related.

·
Registered
586 Posts
barbara elsborg said:
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place! But I've noticed that when I search for my books on Kindle on Amazon.com, it automatically directs me to the UK site. I can see there's a way to change that but I'd like to keep looking at both, so do I need to keep going back and forth? I think this must be a fairly new thing - at least I don't remember seeing it before. I didn't put this in the Kindle question area because it's more author related.
It will probably be something to do with your cookies. If you went to Amazon UK you would be directed there the next time rather than the other site. I could be wrong however. You could always go into cookies and disable or delete the UK one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I don't get is that a week ago, I could use both .com and .uk with no problem. Now, the .com won't let me look. But if I delete the UK one, I can't look there once I can see the .com site - or am I missing something?

·
Registered
586 Posts
barbara elsborg said:
What I don't get is that a week ago, I could use both .com and .uk with no problem. Now, the .com won't let me look. But if I delete the UK one, I can't look there once I can see the .com site - or am I missing something?
Just delete the UK cookie, then do a search for the site and load the page again. If that's not suitable another trick might help. Go to file. on your browser and select save as index.php.html. Save it somewhere you can easily access, such as the desktop. Then when you wish to visit the site just double click on saved page to go straight to chosen site.

·
Registered
586 Posts
barbara elsborg said:
Might be a glitch with your windoze browser perhaps, but I use Mint Linux so I can't be sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts