Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Chewy:

He's my marketing manager. He makes sporatic appearances on my Facebook page to help promote books. He sometimes gets fan mail (and inappropriate solicitiations from some low-born female dogs :eek:). He's decided that he wants to be a book critic. I told him he can't review any of mommie's books, because it would be a conflict of interests. So he's decided that he will write reviews of other people's books. There are two small problems, however.

1. He can't read.
2. He can't write.

So he decided that since all authors are honest and the best judges of their own work, he'll just "endorse" any review that you submit to him.

This is all in good fun. But there are still rules!

Write a "book review" of your own book from the perspective of a dog. Specifically, the goofy-faced dog above. ;D

Any genre welcome, but remember that most of my fans are horror, fantasy, and sci-fi readers.

Send the review, along with a copy of the book cover, to Chewy's mom (me) at jdawson(at)bardsandsages(dot)com

I'll post the funniest reviews, along with a link to your book, on my blog and cross link on Facebook and Twitter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T.L. Haddix said:
*****, a quick question - what's Chewy's perspective on cats? Likes, hates, thinks they're toys to play with? And I am totally doing this. Maybe. ;)
If it is outside of his window, it is something that needs to be barked at as loudly as possible. You know, in case I don't realize that there are cats outside.

If it is something actually NEAR him, it is something he looks at confused and may or may not consider it a chew toy (depending on how long it sits there doing nothing)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jan Hurst-Nicholson said:
Is there a deadline for submissions - it's getting late here in SA
No deadline. This is something that will be ongoing if people decide they want to do it. For now, it is just something that will be posted to my Gather feed and cross linked. If it becomes popular, maybe Chewy will get his own blog (gods help us all!)

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
No deadline. This is something that will be ongoing if people decide they want to do it. For now, it is just something that will be posted to my Gather feed and cross linked. If it becomes popular, maybe Chewy will get his own blog (gods help us all!)
Thanks. Gives me time to consult the reviewers in my avatar :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amyshojai said:
You'll need to have Chewy join Blogpaws.com . . . seriously. ::)
I don't know. They let cats in. And I think we already established upthread that cats are often considered chew toys. :D

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Ha ha, I appointed our beagle as my literary agent.  She doesn't do much but it gives me someone to rant about about sales being low.  Glad to see other people have dogs on staff  ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kathrynoh said:
Ha ha, I appointed our beagle as my literary agent. She doesn't do much but it gives me someone to rant about about sales being low. Glad to see other people have dogs on staff ;D
Well, I figure it this way. The tax code says I can't deduct my dog as a dependent, but there is nothing in it that says I can't pay him as an independent contractor, or that I have to pay him in U.S. dollars. So I pay him in dog treats and chew toys, and deduct them as a business expense.
Before one of our resident CPA's has a heart attack...I'm kidding!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You've got spam!

(F. I'm such a Star Wars nerd that, in my haste, I misspelled his name "Chewie". Glad he can't read...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
J. Tanner said:
You've got spam!

(F. I'm such a Star Wars nerd that, in my haste, I misspelled his name "Chewie". Glad he can't read...)
Actually, that is how his name was suppose to be spelled (because Mike and I are also geeks) but on his first vet visit the vet put Chewy on his rabies vaccination and then when Mike took it to get his dog license that is how they spelled it at the clerk's office. And since he can't read, it didn't matter.

Mike originally wanted to also get a Jack Russell terrier to name it Han, but I had to put my foot down. Chewy is quite enough dog for this house. I don't need two of them plotting against me!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I know how it is. My middle name was supposed to be Alan. But I got the surname spelling on the birth certificate: Allen.

We all bear our burdens. Chewy and I are destined to meet in rehab to commiserate I suppose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all who have sent stuff so far. Chewy has posted his first review. Sorry, George. I don't think he liked the book very much. :'( But at least he won't be posting the review to Amazon and bringing down your star rating. :eek:

I'm going to aim for posting a new review each day. These reviews are all awesome so I want to use them all. ;D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts