Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
Gail said:
Just playing around with an avatar, folks! How do I make her dance? ???
OOOH. It's Tweety Bird's old lady!

Sorry, I don't know how to dance. . . .I'm sure someone else will though.

Ann

G

·
Gail said:
Well.... you have to find an animated gif of her dancing somewhere, or you have to make your own using an animation program--which is incredibly tedious and time consuming.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Gail said:
If she was an animated gif, she needs to be online when you select her for your avatar. Uploading an animated gif, at least from a PC, doesn't seem to work. Upload her to Photobucket.com, or a Picasa album or someplace like that. If she was not animated, what BJ said.

Betsy

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I do have her animated on Photobucket, but I don't know how to get her from there onto this board!  (I'm so ashamed.... :-\)

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
Gail said:
Yes, I do have her animated on Photobucket, but I don't know how to get her from there onto this board! (I'm so ashamed.... :-\)
No shame. . . Betsy, can you help her?

Ann

G

·
Gail said:
Yes, I do have her animated on Photobucket, but I don't know how to get her from there onto this board! (I'm so ashamed.... :-\)
simply go to your profile/forum profile information and copy/paste the URL of the Photobucket version into the field where it says "I have my own pic.".

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
simply go to your profile/settings and copy/paste the URL of the Photobucket version into the line where it asks you if you want to upload an avatar from the Web.
No need to be 'shamed! Try it and let us know if you have any problems. We do a lot of techie troubleshooting here!

Betsy

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just can't get it to work - all I get is a blank square with a red X.  sobbing and weeping!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bingo!!! You're a genius!  she's a little wider than I am, but she sure is dancing!  thank you so much...what was the secret?  xoxo

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
If you go to the link you posted, and click on it, you'll see a page with Image Link Code in a box on the right.  You want the one that says "Direct Link."

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
and MonaSW, who was quick to give you the actual link!  I can dilly dally getting to posts knowing someone else will help first!  Glad you got it working!

Betsy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts