Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty simple. Pick the cover that you would click on to find out more about the book and tell me by 1, 2, or 3 starting from left to right.

Might be more of a female authors question.

Thanks a TON!!!!
: )

p.s.: I am only looking for the first impression and for the click, not so much if the cover matches the story etc. Thanks again! : D

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
These are covers for very different books.

1) I'm assuming this is more of a romp. Some kind of twist on a billionaire romance or maybe even a heroine cop or FBI agent (especially with the title0. It looks fun and like it would play with typical stoic alpha hero ties up innocent heroine expectations.
2) This is more angsty and new adult. Maybe a bad boy or even a high school bully.
3) This is more traditional billionaire romance. If this guy isn't bossy, I will be disappointed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are covers for very different books.

1) I'm assuming this is more of a romp. Some kind of twist on a billionaire romance or maybe even a heroine cop or FBI agent (especially with the title0. It looks fun and like it would play with typical stoic alpha hero ties up innocent heroine expectations.
2) This is more angsty and new adult. Maybe a bad boy or even a high school bully.
3) This is more traditional billionaire romance. If this guy isn't bossy, I will be disappointed.
Thanks for the insight! Which one is your favorite design if you take the story out of it? Like which one would make you click the most?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty simple. Pick the cover that you would click on to find out more about the book and tell me by 1, 2, or 3 starting from left to right.

Thanks a TON!!!!

p.s.: I am only looking for the first impression and for the click, not so much if the cover matches the story etc. Thanks again! : D
Thank

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not a steamy romance reader or author so take my response with that considerable grain of salt. I also agree with Crystal that these three covers seem to be for three different books. Her take was close to my take. (I do read romance, but not very often and I usually prefer sports, rom-com, or sweet romance when I do.)

#3 to me doesn't really make me think of a steamy romance at all. I am thinking the hero is an alpha male in the business world. It makes me think the hero is going to definitely be older than YA, probably in his 20s+ and he's going to be work-focused. Possibly in a more conservative profession like law, banking, investments, etc. This could be a workplace romance.

#2 to me says the hero is a bad boy. Not necessarily young/new adult, but I'd expect a less mature hero. I'm not thinking about a possible traditional workplace relationship at all with this cover.

#1 to me says possibly a workplace romance but with some BDSM tones. There's a contrast between the more traditional serif font and the imagery that suggests a dichotomy -- like a hero who is straightlaced during the day but not at night.

And I really don't think you can take the story out of it. All three are good, competitive covers that would hold up in the marketplace IMO. Which one the reader is more likely to click on is going to depend on what kind of book that particular reader is looking for. For example, if your reader is looking for a book with a bad boy hero, they are going to be much more likely to click on #2 versus #3. But if your reader is looking for a more mature hero, #3 or #2 will appeal more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The third one is the best. Except the Shirt and tie.
From my opinion, it's fit more the title meaning.
Good luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Thanks a TON!!!!

First one, but the letters are harder to read

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I would pick the first one, but it's because the story seems most appealing to me (though I would give the font a bold color instead of alternating B&W). It is also because the cover and title add up to something fun and interesting. The others don't really combine to say anything specific

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thanks a TON!!!!

·
Registered
Bloomington Flaming Shorts
15 Posts

Thanks a TON!!!!

I am a romance reader and I would pick the second one. Something else you might consider doing is put all 3 in a facebook campaign for $5/day and see which one comes out the winner.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts