Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all, the Christian Devotional thread hasn't been updated in a couple of months, so rather than necromancing that one I though I'd start a new one.

Has anyone read any of John Macarthur's single-book Bible studies on the Kindle.  I did 2 or 3 several years ago (in DTB form, of course), and they were very, very good.  I'm wondering if they come out as well on the Kindle.  I think I'm going to sample one.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I haven't had much time to try any additional devotional readings just yet. It is all I can do to keep up with the One Year Bible and my weekly bible study class homework! I am currently doing a 12-week study on Esther and really enjoying it. I will probably be looking for something once this class is complete.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Angela said:
I haven't had much time to try any additional devotional readings just yet. It is all I can do to keep up with the One Year Bible and my weekly bible study class homework! I am currently doing a 12-week study on Esther and really enjoying it. I will probably be looking for something once this class is complete.
Cool, is it the new Beth Moore one? I love her stuff.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
marianner said:
Cool, is it the new Beth Moore one? I love her stuff.
Yes it is the new one and it was awesome! I think just about every church in the NE TX area was doing the Esther study. There are about 12 churches that are getting together this coming Monday evening for an *Esther Banquet* and I am looking forward to going. If you get the opportunity to do the Esther study, I highly recommend it. We had our last session this past Tuesday evening.

Sorry it took so long to respond... I have been off line for the past month!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Angela said:
Yes it is the new one and it was awesome! I think just about every church in the NE TX area was doing the Esther study. There are about 12 churches that are getting together this coming Monday evening for an *Esther Banquet* and I am looking forward to going. If you get the opportunity to do the Esther study, I highly recommend it. We had our last session this past Tuesday evening.

Sounds interesting - which book are you using - do you have an Amazon link?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks, Angela!

Sometimes I forget that not everything comes from Amazon! (This Kindle is REALLY spoiling me!)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
You are most welcome. I am hoping that in the near future Beth Moore will publish the Esther study as a book like she has some of her past bible studies, then I am sure it would end up on Amazon and available for the Kindle!!  :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Angela said:

No apology needed, especially from you :) I know the Esther study must be great; all her stuff is. I loved Beloved Disciple, since I identify with John as a fellow melancholy! The Esther Banquet sounds interesting; I'd love to hear about it after.

BTW, you actually can get her Bible studies at amazon; she's even popular enough to have her own store!

Esther Leader's Guide: It's Tough Being a Woman
Esther Leader's Kit: It's Tough Being a Woman

(There weren't picture links for the leader's guide/kit.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts