Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I cut this out of the paper on Christmas Eve and glued it to a piece of cardboard. It has become part of the Christmas decorations I put up every year although it's showing its age. I was looking at it today and realized that it must be available online. I still think I will keep my beat up copy though, nice memories... That's the biggest image size I could get. I hope y'all can read it.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
That's adorable. Thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I love Calvin and Hobbes!!!  (I generally read through the collection...start to finish...this time of year.)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I still enjoy reading CALVIN AND HOBBES.   :)  Always cracks me up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I believe that my hubby and I bought every Calvin and Hobbes books we could find.  I still adore that cartoon and they are as good rereading as the first time.  I love the Christmas poem you have enclosed.
There is a whole slew of cartoons featuring snowmen that Calvin created that is a riot.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
prairiesky said:
I believe that my hubby and I bought every Calvin and Hobbes books we could find. I still adore that cartoon and they are as good rereading as the first time. I love the Christmas poem you have enclosed.
There is a whole slew of cartoons featuring snowmen that Calvin created that is a riot.
Not all that funny. ;) How would you like to be on the receiving end of an "Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons"? Then you'd be laughing out of the other side of your mouth, wouldn't you? Deranged Mutant Monster Killer Snow Goons are never anything to laugh about.

Yeah, I have all the Calvin & Hobbes books as well. Remember, there's a moral to all that: "Snow Goons are bad news".

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the only cartoon books I have ever bought are Calvin and Hobbes, Bloom County and most recently Get Fuzzy.  I need to pull out the Bloom County ones and read through those again...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
A good cartoonist is funny.  A great one makes you laugh and occasionally touches your heart deeply.  That is why we, too own all these books.  Thank you.  :)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We finally banned door decorating contests because teachers would get so mad.  Someone (new) mentioned it this year and we veterans quickly vetoed the idea! :D

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RorySM said:
I've told this before on this board, but it should be retold here. I used to have a deaf student who (to be expected perhaps) had a really small vocabulary. In addition to being deaf, he didn't like to read. So whenever he finished his work I used to hand him a Calvin and Hobbes collection book (bought at a Books A Million for $3). I told him he could read them as long as he wants but if he didn't know a word he had to ask his interpreter or me and we'd explain them. By the end of the semester he had read four of those books and his vocabulary had greatly increased. Long live Calvin and Hobbes.
Love it!

·
Registered
446 Posts
RorySM said:
Isn't it funny that most teachers never seemed to move on from high school?

I've told this before on this board, but it should be retold here. I used to have a deaf student who (to be expected perhaps) had a really small vocabulary. In addition to being deaf, he didn't like to read. So whenever he finished his work I used to hand him a Calvin and Hobbes collection book (bought at a Books A Million for $3). I told him he could read them as long as he wants but if he didn't know a word he had to ask his interpreter or me and we'd explain them. By the end of the semester he had read four of those books and his vocabulary had greatly increased. Long live Calvin and Hobbes.
well that is what makes a great teacher!!

My son is hard of hearing, I left the classroom, became a sub, and learned sign language - oral input is non existent, so written output is always so poor -

Thank God for great teachers - and books!! and authors!!

(DS is not deaf, but never fit in - now he's working in a Deaf Group home for younger kids - I'm going to dig out a few copies of the Calvin and Hobbes and pass them on!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts