Kindle Forum banner

Are You Glad The Christmas Holidays Are Over?

• Yes

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I always breathe a big sigh of relief on January 2nd. This year Lance leaves for Jamaica on Jan 2nd so I might be feeling a little sad but I'll get over it. Put away the dishes, take down the tree, clean up the house. I am looking forward to getting back to the regular routine.

L

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
It didn't really seem like Christmas this year. It came up so fast after Thanksgiving and then the Friday before Christmas our area here in Indiana was hit with a huge ice storm and we lost power. We were out for 25 hours but many houses were out for days. We had family with us for several days while waiting on their power to return. Soon after that it was Christmas, so with not much time to prepare, it just didn't seem like it. I guess it's nice to get back to the regular schedule though.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Heidi said:
Maybe I'm a nut case but I was ready to come back to work today. I think I need the structure of a schedule in my life. I feel all out of sorts when I'm off for a couple of days.
You and my husband! He was all over us like slime on a pond yesterday and I finally realized it was the stress of four days off and too much togetherness. My daughter and I escaped at 11:30 am to go to the movies and my son went downtown to work on an overdue college paper. My husband says he is never going to retire and I hope he's right because I am not sure he/I could survive with him being around all the time. LOL.

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I enjoy Christmas, my favorite thing is time spent with loved ones but I am always glad when it is over. Nice to be back in a normal routine!

What about you?

Linda
I love normal, too... wait... what is *normal* anyway?? ;D lol

Seriously, I don't know that my life has had a *normal* since I retired! I was hoping that this holiday season would have meant me staying at home and the kids doing the traveling, but alas... not so! I did however tell them all that if they wanted to see me next year for Christmas they were going to come see me! :D

G

·
I love Christmas.  It's my most kind and generous and forgiving time of the year.  Wait until you folks see me in March. ;D

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
. . . I am always glad when it is over. Nice to be back in a normal routine!
Me too. NO family. The first Easter after my last family member died I spent with a friend and her bf. Big mistake. I'm quite content by myself.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The only time that I miss from school days was after Christmas and before school started. All the time to read the new books.  Now as a mom I like the no stress or expectations time with kids - all the new toys too. My work schedule is very flexable. this year we got a Wii - Wii fit actually tells you your actual age. it took me 4 days but I finally got it to say my correct age ;D  though still not perfect.

enjoy a healthy new year
Sylvia

1 - 20 of 30 Posts