Kindle Forum banner

Are You Glad The Christmas Holidays Are Over?

• Yes

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.0%
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
( not x-mas but Yule is close enough I hope :D )

We celebrate the holidays for 12 days, starting on the winter solstice and ending on the first of new year.  We do the traditional X-mas on the 25th with my husbands family.  We get invited to the local Asatru blot and feast (omg the yummiest food, not to mention the mead!) on the 21st of December. Pretty much for 12 days we have special dinners with family and friends, play games, tell stories, exchange small gifts, give our thanks, and remember our loved ones who have passed on.  I love the December holidays, its kinda sad to know its almost over  :'(

Tonight we are just hanging out with family and friends, toss the last yule log into the fire and to watch the ball drop... and finishing off these lovely bottles of mead lol.  I love the togetherness of the holidays, and also the lovely smell of pine in the living room lol!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I'm glad that the holidays are coming to a close, especially after the hormonal ups and downs of certain members of the family that cause quite a bit of drama.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Scathach said:
( not x-mas but Yule is close enough I hope :D )

We celebrate the holidays for 12 days, starting on the winter solstice and ending on the first of new year. We do the traditional X-mas on the 25th with my husbands family. We get invited to the local Asatru blot and feast (omg the yummiest food, not to mention the mead!) on the 21st of December. Pretty much for 12 days we have special dinners with family and friends, play games, tell stories, exchange small gifts, give our thanks, and remember our loved ones who have passed on. I love the December holidays, its kinda sad to know its almost over :'(

Tonight we are just hanging out with family and friends, toss the last yule log into the fire and to watch the ball drop... and finishing off these lovely bottles of mead lol. I love the togetherness of the holidays, and also the lovely smell of pine in the living room lol!
Are you talking about the New Year's Eve Ball? You will be a day early.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tbarney said:
Are you talking about the New Year's Eve Ball? You will be a day early.
lol I meant tomorrow, tonight we are having dinner with my sister... oh my the holidays are such a blur!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Scathach said:
Tonight we are just hanging out with family and friends, toss the last yule log into the fire and to watch the ball drop... and finishing off these lovely bottles of mead lol. I love the togetherness of the holidays, and also the lovely smell of pine in the living room lol!
I had mead when we went to Ireland. Delicious and it's the only way to keep warm.

·
Registered
157 Posts
sylvia said:
what is in mead? grain alcohol?

sylvia
Its an alcoholic drink made from honey, very yummy. We just got some from Montezuma Winery in NY which is really lovely, and a few bottles of homemade mead from a local farm, the men seem to like it as its a bit more... potent lol.

·
Registered
383 Posts
LOVE the holidays.  Especially this week AFTER Christmas. 
No school or homework, lots of new toys and games!
No bedtimes, no early mornings, no rushing here and there.

Next week is soon enough to be back into the same ol' same ol'.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Mom of 4 said:
LOVE the holidays. Especially this week AFTER Christmas.
No school or homework, lots of new toys and games!
No bedtimes, no early mornings, no rushing here and there.

Next week is soon enough to be back into the same ol' same ol'.
:Dexactly my thoughts. I am a mom of 2

Sylvia

21 - 30 of 30 Posts