Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting a Kindle rfor Christmas It's already at my Mother's house  I can't wait  Afriend is also getting a Kindle for Christmas and we've talked about taking a Kindle-centric vacation Glad to be aboard

·
Registered
829 Posts
Congratulations and may Christmas come QUICKLY!!

welcome to the boards - we will keep you occupied until you have it in hand.  :)

G

·
Howdy new Kindle-teer!

Have you been to the Kindle store buying books yet?  I don't have mine yet either but I am getting a few books and the kindleFAQ for it.  They are all ready for me to turn on my Kindle when i get it.

I have heard anything you order will be on the Kindle when they ship it

G

·
Actually, anything you order will download the first time you turn on your Kindle as long as Whispernet is turned on. This can also cause some problems as mentioned in another thread. If you have a large download list it can make your Kindle sluggish as it has to index all of the books.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine was supposed to be for Christmas, too but I talked my husband into letting me have it early. I had to make sure everything was functioning properly ;). If something had been wrong with it, the waranty would have expired before I opened it on Christmas day.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Wannabe said:
Mine was supposed to be for Christmas, too but I talked my husband into letting me have it early. I had to make sure everything was functioning properly ;). If something had been wrong with it, the waranty would have expired before I opened it on Christmas day.
VERY SMOOTH! High five!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Wannabe said:
Mine was one of those "go ahead and order it, but you can't have it until Christmas" deals, too.. It then became a "go ahead and try it out, make sure it is working and that you really want it before wrapping it in Christmas paper things." After about 12 hours of being wrapped in pretty paper, he let me open it and I had to act all surprised! :D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I ordered mine and told my husband he bought me an early Christmas/birthday present.  NO way I was waiting until Christmas morning to use it!  He was happy he didn't have to go out to the mall to shop. 

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Dox!  And I sure hope you can talk the family into letting you have your new toy early.  But if not, here's hoping the days pass quickly for you!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I ordered mine and told my husband he bought me an early Christmas/birthday present. NO way I was waiting until Christmas morning to use it! He was happy he didn't have to go out to the mall to shop.
We aren't married to the same man, are we?

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Dox said:
I will be getting a Kindle rfor Christmas It's already at my Mother's house I can't wait Afriend is also getting a Kindle for Christmas and we've talked about taking a Kindle-centric vacation Glad to be aboard
Welcome, Dox, and congratulations on your first post! This is a great place for you to spend the time while you wait. Be sure to go to the Book Corner and learn about great cheap reads, go to Accessories and pick out a Christmas present for your Kindle, and visit the Tips and Tricks and the FAQ sections to learn ahead of the time what many of us had to learn by trial and error! (Our very own Leslie has an excellent book of Kindle FAQ available on Amazon. A great purchase that will download immediately to your Kindle when you turn on the Whispernet!

Betsy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts