Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has read this series.

We rented the movie last night and I loved it. So cute,fun and adventureous. Just wanted to know if the books were reccomended. My sister (shes 13) has the whole dtb series and she loved them but I didn't know if the books were like only YA or if they were good,fun reads?

Also were the other books in the series as good as the 1st?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
There's a movie? I read the book and liked it, and remember thinking it could be a sweet movie. I may to check that out.

Haven't read the rest of the series, though. They're on my TBR list.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thumper said:
There's a movie? I read the book and liked it, and remember thinking it could be a sweet movie. I may to check that out.

Haven't read the rest of the series, though. They're on my TBR list.
The movie was good, I don't know if it was on-par with the book though. But it was fun and adventureous and made me think I'd like to read these books. I'm gonna add them to my tbr list because they seem so fun.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have seen the movie also, just have not read the book

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
marianner said:
Is that the one where the city is underground or something, and there is a secret telling them when it will be safe to emerge, but it's been lost?
Yes thats the basics of it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I watched the movie, never read the book.  The movie seemed like it was missing something but for some reason I really liked it, it was a very weird feeling.

·
Registered
860 Posts
This is one of my 10 year old son's favorite books and he doesn't like many.  His teacher read it to them in class and then they all went to see the movie in the theater when it came out.  He said the movie was good but changed a lot of things from the book including major plot lines.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KindleMom said:
This is one of my 10 year old son's favorite books and he doesn't like many. His teacher read it to them in class and then they all went to see the movie in the theater when it came out. He said the movie was good but changed a lot of things from the book including major plot lines.
This is what I was curious about mainly. The movie was so fun and cute but I didn't know if the book series stayed on par. I guess I will just read the books and decide. They seem majorly YA but I think they should still be fun enough to keep me entertained.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts