Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that I am having trouble with my kindle....it all started when I wanted to change its name. I changed the name first on amazon's website thinking that it would automatically change on the kindle. I turned on the kindle and saw that the name was not changed....so I went to settings, edit kindle name....and when I went to clear the name it had, it didn't work. So i then tried one of the keyboard buttons.....and now the name is Melissaskindlexxx?hh

How do I change it? I really don't want my kindle to be named that!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Do you have to have whispernet on in order for the change to take?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
You apparently have to have Whispernet on to even edit the Device Name in Settings...

Melissa,

you have to press the Alt key while pressing the clear and any of the other keys it shows under Edit.

So Clear is Alt + "backspace (left pointing arrow)", Alt+H moves the cursor to the left, Alt+J moves the cursor to the right, Alt+6 is a question mark, etc.

Hope this helps!

Betsy

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the help!!! After I did a hard reset, and let my kindle charge......everything that wasn't working properly (downloading books/samples, changing my kindle's name from the horrific one that I accidently came up with......) WORKS! I changed my name on amazon's webpage and once my kindle was connected to WN it changed automatically! And all of my books/samples that I had been waiting on for 2 days appeared! YAY!!!!!

Thanks again for your help...I was a little panicked! Especially since my KINDLE is not even a week old yet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts