Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I touch the back or forward buttons on the right side of my kindle there is a very small but definite little click sound that I do not have with the left side. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
215 Posts
This happened to me. The problem is on the left side. I had gotten my kindle and the left side didn't click as loud as the right, but I didn't worry about it. Later it got worse; my left page forward button wouldn't work if I pressed on the lower end, so I eventually sent it back.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The click is normal, but I don't know about one side clicking as opposed to the other.

I just learned to sing like a Bee Gee to drown out the clicking, though my wife claims the remedy is worse than the ailment.

·
Registered
524 Posts
For me, right side clicks, left side doesn't. I attribute it to the right side getting used a lot more and perhaps my pressing too hard when the Kindle was new. Mine not only clicked but had a crunchy feel on the right side but a bit of WD40 got rid of the crunchy feel and lessened the click.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
patrickt said:
For me, right side clicks, left side doesn't. I attribute it to the right side getting used a lot more and perhaps my pressing too hard when the Kindle was new. Mine not only clicked but had a crunchy feel on the right side but a bit of WD40 got rid of the crunchy feel and lessened the click.
Seriously, did you spray WD40 on your Kindle??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.