Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is normal, but thought I would double check.

Do your Prev Page, Next Page, Home, Menu, and Back buttons  click when pressed?

I find it just a bit annoying when reading in a quiet room at night. It would have been really nice to have them silent. I'm sure I will get used to it and not notice the clicking after a while.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I have a k1, but the buttons on the left (both the next and prev page) and the back button make a small click. The the large next button on the right is general much quieter. There was a review mentioned eariler this week done by a reporter of NYT that made mention of the clicking of the kindle. I'll try link that thread to this.

Edit: here is the link to the thread: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,4272.0.html
Here's the article it refers to: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/24/technology/personaltech/24pogue.html

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had an original Kindle, and now I have a Kindle 2.  The Kindle 1 buttons had a slight click, but I found if I pressed then a little softer the click was minimized.  With Kindle 2 my left side 'next page' button is quiet, but my right side sounds like the beginning of crickets :( .  I hope it will become quieter as time goes on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
DawnOfChaos said:
I had an original Kindle, and now I have a Kindle 2. The Kindle 1 buttons had a slight click, but I found if I pressed then a little softer the click was minimized. With Kindle 2 my left side 'next page' button is quiet, but my right side sounds like the beginning of crickets :( . I hope it will become quieter as time goes on.
Yeah, mine is the same, the left side buttons are almost quiet, but the right hand buttons all make a pretty noticeable click sound.

One odd thing I noticed, and I would like to know if other K2 owners see the same: while all right hand buttons and the left 'Prev Page' button are held very firmly in place and only move when actually pressing the button, the left 'Next Page' button is a tiny bit 'loose' and moves a bit around when you wiggle it with just a touch of a finger. True, it's barely noticeable, and all the buttons on my K1 wiggled around much more than that, so it's probably nothing. I just noticed it because the one button stands out...

Dirk

·
Registered
61 Posts
dflachbart said:
Yeah, mine is the same, the left side buttons are almost quiet, but the right hand buttons all make a pretty noticeable click sound.

One odd thing I noticed, and I would like to know if other K2 owners see the same: while all right hand buttons and the left 'Prev Page' button are held very firmly in place and only move when actually pressing the button, the left 'Next Page' button is a tiny bit 'loose' and moves a bit around when you wiggle it with just a touch of a finger. True, it's barely noticeable, and all the buttons on my K1 wiggled around much more than that, so it's probably nothing. I just noticed it because the one button stands out...

Dirk
Yep, Dirk, mine is the same way. This observation has been made by other users over on the Amazon boards. I think it's normal. Probably just something to do with the way the hardware fits together on the inside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:)

Ahhhh...I feel much better knowing my clickety-clack right button is the norm...left quiet...but the right hand page clicks, seems so loud in a quiet room...sure it's something just to get used to. 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts