Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Clive Cussler fans out there? His (and his son's) latest Dirk Pitt adventure, Arctic Drift, was released today. Unfortunately it's another one of those that's starting out at a very high price ($22.36 as of this post) so I guess I'll have to wait awhile before I get it. :-\

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I was a Cussler fan.... I pretty much quit reading the books when Cussler started doing collaborations. If anybody has a strong recommendation of one of the collaborative efforts, speak up.

Mike

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I have a strong recommendation, but I still enjoy the collaborations (including the NUMA Files series and Oregon Files series) well enough. The main thing I don't like about the later Dirk Pitt books is the trend towards the character's kids as the focus rather than Dirk Pitt, Al Giordino, etc., but alas, heroes must age eventually, I suppose. :-[

Price is down to $16.02 now. It'll probably still be another week to 10 days before it's $9.99 if it follows recent/usual trends.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm another used to be fan from the Raise the Titanic days with Dirk Pitt.  The collaboration books, when he started doing them, I didn't like a much .  If this gets low enough I may try it and see if the magic is back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts