Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve purchased hundreds of shows from Amazon over the years and I’m downloading them to the MicroSD card. It’s been more than two weeks and I’m still not done. I was thinking about cloning the card in case it had an I/O failure so I wouldn’t have to go through all of this again. Someone told me that data is written to the micro SD card in a different format so it can’t be cloned by copying via PC, for example. If that’s the case is there any way to duplicate the data from one card to another?

·
6,138 Posts
I'm sure I've transferred files between a PC and an SD card in both directions without problems.

If you want to back up an SD card to another SD card rather than say a USB stick or an external hard drive, I don't see why you can't copy the files on it to a PC and then back to a different SD card. Whatever the format of the files, why would it change when copying from one place to another? Or am I not understanding what you want to do?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Regular files should be happy, but purchased shows? Not so sure about that one -- aren't they, like kindle ebooks, keyed somehow to the device to which they're downloaded? You might want to see if one of your downloaded videos will play from that card on the pc or a different fire tablet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts