Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning (in the middle of a sale/promotion) I am sitting at #290 in Best Selling PAID. 

Do any of you know how easy or hard it would be to get it in the TOP 100? How many would I have to sell in a short period?

If it is very close, I am hoping there are people here who wanted to start reading my series and will pick up Gastien Part1 for .99 NOW! (I am also hoping some will just spend a buck to help a fellow author hit that revered Top 100 mark. :) )

Or am I dreaming too big?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Caddy,

My experience in the last couple of weeks is that I was selling a little over 1000 a day to stay around #100-120. The days that my book was in the top #100 I was selling about 2800 (ranked at #13) to low end 1700 (ranked at #86). A lot will also have to do with what's also out this week and the overall sales volume.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
You were #343 (I believe) when I just checked.

I bought it, by the way. I don't know why I'd never realized that was the Eiffel Tower in the background. I have a story coming out this fall set in the exact same era and world (Bohemian Paris of the late 19th century), so it's right up my alley!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You were #343 (I believe) when I just checked.

I bought it, by the way. I don't know why I'd never realized that was the Eiffel Tower in the background. I have a story coming out this fall set in the exact same era and world (Bohemian Paris of the late 19th century), so it's right up my alley!
Ah, the fall is starting already! Thanks for buying it, though.

Hey, cool, that you are writing about the same era. It has to be one of the wildest, most decadent era's ever. I am surprised more fiction has not taken place there. If you need some good books for research about Montmartre/bohemain Paris 1th century, pm me. I give you some titles. You better warn your female characters about Gastien. Or perhaps they would be interested in a little afternoon delight with a very handsome, naughty artist.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Caddy said:
Ah, the fall is starting already! Thanks for buying it, though.
Once you get on that tiger you can never get off. Just grab a coffee or some chocolate and don't look at that rating slide back.
I wish you LOTS of pick ups for the rest of the series.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank-you everyone. Yes, I am praying for those extra sales of the rest of the series...

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have any advice, but I picked up your title and I'm thrilled to see you having such success. You deserve it!
Thanks. How kind of you to say that.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Caddy said:
This morning (in the middle of a sale/promotion) I am sitting at #290 in Best Selling PAID.

Do any of you know how easy or hard it would be to get it in the TOP 100? How many would I have to sell in a short period?

If it is very close, I am hoping there are people here who wanted to start reading my series and will pick up Gastien Part1 for .99 NOW! (I am also hoping some will just spend a buck to help a fellow author hit that revered Top 100 mark. :) )

Or am I dreaming too big?
Wow! My highest the other day was #314. That is fantastic, Caddy. No idea how hard it is to get the rest of the way. Hard, I suspect but having never gotten there -- ;)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
What I'm hoping is that when mine plateaus that it will plateau at a higher level than it was at before what with better positioning on various lists, but that remains to be seen. I'm gradually sliding toward the #1000 mark.

Anyway, good luck!

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
Nabbed it! That'll stop any slippage for sure.  ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Purchased! Good luck. Did you do the promo with ENT? I have one coming up so I'll be interested in your immediate and long term result. How long to you plan on keeping PT 1 at $.99?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate it.

J.R. I am pulling for you to stay very popular, too! I am hoping to see better results long term for myself, too. As you say, time will tell.

Purchased! Good luck. Did you do the promo with ENT? I have one coming up so I'll be interested in your immediate and long term result. How long to you plan on keeping PT 1 at $.99?
No, it wasn't ENT. It was Bookbub. I told them I would keep it at .99 until 2/3. I wish now I hadn't, but that's okay. It will be a week long speical and then it's back to $4.99.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Caddy. The question is always once we've paid for the ad whether it has a long term bonus. :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. At least it appears I will make my $250 back. Have sold over 500, plus some of the others at $4.99.  Hoping to see some profit when the numbers come in from B&N...although B&N usually disappoints me. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts