Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I am working on a new epic fantasy/romantic fantasy trilogy. It's epic fantasy with a cast of many characters. There are several love stories intertwined but they are not erotica-explicit, and the story comes first, not the romance. The setting is pseudo-historical.

I've just completed the first draft of book one, Cobweb Bride, which is a successfully funded Kickstarter project (see details and book blurb here), and now it occurs to me I may not have the best trilogy series title, so I want your thoughts on titles.

The three books planned are:

1) Cobweb Bride (completed first draft, currently with beta readers, will be edited later this month)

2) Cobweb Empire (to be written later this year)

3) Cobweb Forest (to be written later this year)

The overall arc or series title I originally selected was Death's Cobwebs Trilogy.

However, now I am having my doubts....

So now I'd like to see what you think. Should I instead call the whole trilogy Cobweb Bride Trilogy? Or just plain Cobweb Trilogy? Which one is most reader-attractive? Which appeals to you? Which has most zing? Should I stick with my original title or re-name?

Vote, please on A, B, or C:

A) Death's Cobwebs Trilogy

B) Cobweb Bride Trilogy

C) Cobweb Trilogy

Thank you, O Ye Good Folk of There Them KindleBoards! :)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
What genre is it, exactly? Your site isn't too clear on that:

COBWEB BRIDE (Death's Cobwebs, Book One) is a history-flavored fantasy novel with romantic elements of the Persephone myth, about Death's ultimatum to the world.
It sounds like you might intend to say it's a paranormal romance, in which case, I think having Bride in the series title is good. If it's historical fantasy, then maybe Death's Cobwebs will do a better job speaking to your desired audience.

Also, I think you can add an actual poll to your original post, if that would help.

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
I think it depends on the feel of the book. Without my knowing that, all I can venture is that readers seem partial to the word "bride". On the other hand, if the books are darker in tone, "death" seems more appropriate.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
smreine said:
What genre is it, exactly? Your site isn't too clear on that:

It sounds like you might intend to say it's a paranormal romance, in which case, I think having Bride in the series title is good. If it's historical fantasy, then maybe Death's Cobwebs will do a better job speaking to your desired audience.

Also, I think you can add an actual poll to your original post, if that would help.
Thanks so much for responding! Ok, excellent, you can add a poll? I had no idea, let me go look at the edit menu... *Edited to add* cannot find how to add a poll, so this will have to do for now.

This is not PNR, it is epic fantasy and it is historical-flavored, but not actual historical -- I included the link with more info to give an idea, short of reposting a long descriptive blurb here... :)

Ok, just went back to look at your post with the laptop as opposed to the Kindle, and saw that you actually did click through and quoted a portion of my blurb, sorry, for some reason the Kindle did not show me the quote, or I am going batty here and misreading.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dara England said:
I think it depends on the feel of the book. Without my knowing that, all I can venture is that readers seem partial to the word "bride". On the other hand, if the books are darker in tone, "death" seems more appropriate.
Thanks, Dara! Please see link for more detail on the project. But this does help already. :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
After scanning your kickstarter page, I'd suggest:
The Snow Spider Trilogy
Alliteration, you've used cobweb a lot, and death didn't seem a good option.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jvin248 said:
After scanning your kickstarter page, I'd suggest:
The Snow Spider Trilogy
Alliteration, you've used cobweb a lot, and death didn't seem a good option.
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately Snow Spider would be very misleading... :) But it has a zing to it! *grin*

"Cobweb" will have to be a part of the title somehow, I just don't know which of the three variations is most effective.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, not sure why hardly anyone responded to this question here on KB... but over on my Facebook, it's been voted overwhelmingly "B," so I am officially changing the series title to Cobweb Bride Trilogy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts