Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Octochick said:
I just got my Cole Haan Cover, I got the "tan" which is more of a Carmel brown, it is beautiful! The inside is soft like butter.
The strap does cover the on/off switch but I will just leave it off while I am using my K. It is still secure. Also, to fold back you kind of have to "mold it" I am sure it will be easier over time.
I was thinking of returning it when I got my Oberon, but I do not know if I can do that. I can't cancel the Oberon either because it is a special order and I really want it. I am going to sacrifice something else, I know broccoli, no more broccoli till further notice!
I will add some pics when the sun comes back out, hopefully tomorrow.
Look forward to your pics. I have been wanting to see how it folds back. I think I am going to get this one also. I got the brown smooth leather one and the black amazon case. I really like the amazon case. The smooth leather cole haan is really nice , i just get annoyed that it doesn't fold flat. But my husband shocked me by saying he wants a kindle so I am passing that one to him. So I think I will order this saddle cole haan. I like light covers so I have no interest in the oberon or m-edge cases. The amazon case at 6 ounces is as heavy as I want a case.

I'm not giving up broccoli to pay for the extra case! But I think other than something really cheap, I am not downloading any books for a month to make up some of the difference. I have 11 pages of books to read on it as it is.

· Registered
310 Posts
Octochick said:
Here is a quick pic to show you how it folds back. When it sits, it is not quite flat. Though I am sure, over time as my Oberon did, it will go flatter from the weight. I usually leave it folded back, next to me, till I go to bed. But when you hold it, it does go flatter if you hold and press the spine as you read. It is so soft it takes little effort to do that and I find it quite comfortable to hold. I do wonder how the wear will show on the spine over time, but I think this is the kind of thing that just looks better, the more worn it gets.

Thanks for the pics. I appreciate it. I am going to get it. I am glad its darker as well. I thought the cover was a little too light. With the soft leather its looks like it will fold flat with time. The smooth leather cases are stiffer and while I can fold it back, it won't ever sit flat I think. But my main issue was when closed, it wouldn't sit flat like the amazon case does. That is just an ocd thing on my part I guess.

Also keep in mind, the color on the amazon page is really off. It is a much richer, carmel like brown. I am actually very happy about that. Why they describe it as tan, I have no idea?

Oh and I love the elastic corners, I think they look great, keeping it all monochromatic, just adds a touch of class to the whole thing.

· Registered
310 Posts
Octochick said:
Oh, it does stay flat when closed... but I will add that the top left does not quite cover the edge of the Kindle unless kind of forced.
Again, this may be part of the charm of the worn style of it. However, I think it can be trained, when I pull it into place it does cover the K completely. I have a large elastic band around it to get it mold into the right position... if that makes sense? I have a feeling that this is not how they all are, just a slight fault in mine and it is very slight...

I heard about those issues from the reviews. They don't bother me too much. I had a hard time deciding on this case because it looked so light and floppy that I thought it would awkward to hold but looks pretty good. I am going to order it.

If I do decided to send it back, that will be enough of a reason... ;)

Oh and I have gotten around the problem of the strap cover the the on/off switch, just by folding it under slightly.
I heard about those issues from the reviews. They don't bother me too much. I had a hard time deciding on this case because it looked so light and floppy that I thought it would awkward to hold but looks pretty good. I am going to order it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.