Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,747 Posts
What about the elastic corners did you dislike so much? This seemed like a brilliant solution to me. The very thought of velcro on my
beautiful K2 just gives me shivers... sorry, just could never do it. Why not just use duct tape... eik.
I ordered the soft Cole Haan tan and so I do not expect to have an issues with comfort. Though it may not fold back naturally, so that might make it less functional for me.

· Registered
2,747 Posts
I just got my Cole Haan Cover, I got the "tan" which is more of a Carmel brown, it is beautiful! The inside is soft like butter.
The strap does cover the on/off switch but I will just leave it off while I am using my K. It is still secure. Also, to fold back you kind  of have to "mold it" I am sure it will be easier over time.
I was thinking of returning it when I got my Oberon, but I do not know if I can do that. I can't cancel the Oberon either because it is a special order and I really want it. I am going to sacrifice something else, I know broccoli, no more broccoli till further notice!
I will add some pics when the sun comes back out, hopefully tomorrow.

· Registered
2,747 Posts
Here is a quick pic to show you how it folds back. When it sits, it is not quite flat. Though I am sure, over time as my Oberon did, it will go flatter from the weight. I usually leave it folded back, next to me, till I go to bed. But when you hold it, it does go flatter if you hold and press the spine as you read. It is so soft it takes little effort to do that and I find it quite comfortable to hold. I do wonder how the wear will show on the spine over time, but I think this is the kind of thing that just looks better, the more worn it gets.

Also keep in mind, the color on the amazon page is really off. It is a much richer, carmel like brown. I am actually very happy about that. Why they describe it as tan, I have no idea?

Oh and I love the elastic corners, I think they look great, keeping it all monochromatic, just adds a touch of class to the whole thing.

· Registered
2,747 Posts
Oh, it does stay flat when closed... but I will add that the top left does not quite cover the edge of the Kindle unless kind of forced.
Again, this may be part of the charm of the worn style of it. However, I think it can be trained, when I pull it into place it does cover the K completely. I have a large elastic band around it to get it mold into the right position... if that makes sense? I have a feeling that this is not how they all are, just a slight fault in mine and it is very slight...

If I do decided to send it back, that will be enough of a reason... ;)

Oh and I have gotten around the problem of the strap cover the the on/off switch, just by folding it under slightly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.